AT&T iPhone 7 can't be unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by FFAP1234, Sep 9, 2016.

1. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Does somebody know if I'm right? According to this info my understanding is if I buy an ATT iPhone 7 and request to have it unlock to be used in my country won't work? It doesn't have the full band? Please somebody help me, thank you. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1473452399.362998.jpg

2. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1473452506.493995.jpg

3. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I've discussed this in a different thread.. The only versions that are truly unlocked and have all the radios are the Sprint and Verizon models. But..... You can't buy them, even at full price, without a Sprint and/or Verizon account..

As far as if the AT&T version will work in your country you'd ned to compare the bands your carrier uses to the ones listed for the AT&T iPhone...

The other option is wait a few weeks until Apple releases the real (and buy at full price only) unlocked version for sale..

4. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't see the original thread. I don't have the app in my iPhone anymore and makes it difficult for me to get in here except doing it in the iPad that still has it. I may move to Verizon then, I appreciate your help.

5. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

How do I find the original thread?

6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

My comments about this topic were in the general pre-order thread and not a stand alone thread..

If you need CDMA radios then the only 2 that have them are Verizon and Spint versions.. Apple is seriously fudging calling the AT&T and T-Mobile versions as unlocked becasue they are nowhere even close to being so..

You have to have an existing account with Verizon or Sprint to order those versions..

7. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I'm seriously considering to move to Verizon. It is so much more expensive: (. Thank you for your help.