AT&T, iPhone and prepaid GoPhone Plans

Back in december I had bought a cheap GoPhone from Radio Shack. A few weeks later, I bought a second iPhone to use with that GoPhone sim card. It worked perfectly in the iPhone. I would even buy the 5MB media net plan and it worked out well for just using the widgets on the iPhone. I had about $20 in funds in this account still. This morning, nothing. The account is dead and nothing works. The website login tells me that there is no account associated with the phone number I am trying to login with. I call 611 from that iPhone and the recording tells me there are no funds in the account, that I need to refill. I would but a refill probably wouldn't work.

Apparently, AT&T is tracking people who have GoPhone plans (not the normal AT&T pick a plan offered to iPhone users in iTunes) and they are shutting them down.

Just wanted to warn people. It hasn't even been two months yet and they shut down the account already.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Back in december I had bought a cheap GoPhone from Radio Shack. A few weeks later, I bought a second iPhone to use with that GoPhone sim card. It worked perfectly in the iPhone. I would even buy the 5MB media net plan and it worked out well for just using the widgets on the iPhone. I had about $20 in funds in this account still. This morning, nothing. The account is dead and nothing works. The website login tells me that there is no account associated with the phone number I am trying to login with. I call 611 from that iPhone and the recording tells me there are no funds in the account, that I need to refill. I would but a refill probably wouldn't work.

Apparently, AT&T is tracking people who have GoPhone plans (not the normal AT&T pick a plan offered to iPhone users in iTunes) and they are shutting them down.

Just wanted to warn people. It hasn't even been two months yet and they shut down the account already.
I'm not sure why you would say this; considering that "Pick Your Plan" is actually GoPhone.

GoPhone is an option when activating the iPhone in itunes- and if you have a billing problem or something of that nature, you don't call AT&T, but the GoPhone # instead.

I've done it several times.

I'm not sure why you would say this; considering that "Pick Your Plan" is actually GoPhone.

GoPhone is an option when activating the iPhone in itunes- and if you have a billing problem or something of that nature, you don't call AT&T, but the GoPhone # instead.

I've done it several times.
Actually, it was still AT&T's fault. They allowed MY number to get ported over to a landline that someone else now has. I lost ny account just like that over night and I didn't get a notice. AT&T can do nothing about this now and all they told me I could do was get a new sim and reactivate the phone and they would credit that account with the balance that I had in the other account.:(