AT&T iPhone Upgrade

emrey28

Jul 5, 2007
I noticed on my AT&T iPhone account that I am eligible for an upgrade June 8, 2008, one day before the rumored release of the iPhone 2 and less than a year of activating my iPhone 1.

Does anyone else have this same upgrade option?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oh damn.....this maybe another AT&T mess up and that almost confirms it's release on June 9th in my head.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Mine doesn't and I bought an iPhone on day one, but I'm not on an iPhone plan anymore as I sold my iPhone a few months ago. While I like what you're saying here, were you a new AT&T customer on Day 1? If not, I suspect the June 8th date might be 18 months after your originally signed up.

Joe

GoldenAnkh

Bronze
Apr 5, 2007
Michigan, USA
www.robinsachs.com
I signed up with AT&T on September 13 or so of 2007, and my account says I am now eligible for an upgrade if I sign a new 2 year agreement... So I haven't been signed up with AT&T for 9 months yet... Interesting...

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
congrats! Your first post and it is something I have not seen anywhere else.

I think this is pretty big news...as these things go.

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
Where do you see these dates? I didn't see it under my account but one thing I did see was that I could select it as a phone to upgrade though, just there were no dates given for me. I signed up on October 4, 2007 by the way if that makes any difference.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
with AT&T and a 2 year contract your eligible for an upgrade after 7 or 8 months at least i always have been anyway

edit: strange 1 iPhone is eligible the other isn't and they were bought the same day

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I do not have the same upgrade date. I got a BB pearl in April or May of '07 and then got an iPhone in late September '08. I am not eligible for an equipment upgrade until Dec '08, according to the website. hmmm... How many months after you use an equipment upgrade can you get one again?

emrey28

Jul 5, 2007
I do not have the same upgrade date. I got a BB pearl in April or May of '07 and then got an iPhone in late September '08. I am not eligible for an equipment upgrade until Dec '08, according to the website. hmmm... How many months after you use an equipment upgrade can you get one again?
I activated my iPhone on day one last year June 29, 2007. Again, it says i am due for an upgrade on June 8, 2008. I heard that AT&T may reduce the price of the iPhone 2 for AT&T users with a 2 year agreement.

I guess we have to wait till monday, but hoping for the best!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Where did you guys see you are eligible or not for the upgrade? Att.com? On paper bill?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I would gladly renew my contract for price reduction, that is if they don't make any radically bad changes. But as for the post above me, i'm assuming they are checking their account online. Though i'm not sure, so lets wait and see.

emrey28

Jul 5, 2007
I would gladly renew my contract for price reduction, that is if they don't make any radically bad changes. But as for the post above me, i'm assuming they are checking their account online. Though i'm not sure, so lets wait and see.
AT&T.com showed me when I could upgrade my phone. I also think that customer service would have that information.

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
I noticed on my AT&T iPhone account that I am eligible for an upgrade June 8, 2008, one day before the rumored release of the iPhone 2 and less than a year of activating my iPhone 1.

Does anyone else have this same upgrade option?
Where are you seeing that? When I click on the Phone/Device link under my account, I see the following:

Upgrade

This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option.

But it makes no mention of a specific date. Is this the same thing or is there somewhere else I need to be looking?

magnum man

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
That's what mine says too jbaraga. No mention at all of a date, and I joined att on the release date of the current iPhone

emrey28

Jul 5, 2007
Where are you seeing that? When I click on the Phone/Device link under my account, I see the following:

Upgrade

This line is eligible for equipment discount pricing when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. You can also take advantage of our no-commitment pricing option.

But it makes no mention of a specific date. Is this the same thing or is there somewhere else I need to be looking?
Here is what the website says:

"You are not currently eligible to upgrade your device online. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 06/08/2008."

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
Here is what the website says:

"You are not currently eligible to upgrade your device online. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 06/08/2008."
My wife and I are on a family plan. It says my line is eligible for a discount if I upgrade to a 2-year agreement, but it says her line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 11/30/08. I got both lines on the day the iPhone went on sale last year.

I'm not going to worry too much about it at this point, but I may press the issue if/when I decide to upgrade, assuming that AT&T is planning to subsidize the next iPhone.

Jun 2, 2008
My wife and I are on a family plan. It says my line is eligible for a discount if I upgrade to a 2-year agreement, but it says her line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 11/30/08. I got both lines on the day the iPhone went on sale last year.

I'm not going to worry too much about it at this point, but I may press the issue if/when I decide to upgrade, assuming that AT&T is planning to subsidize the next iPhone.
If AT&T even HINTS at offering a discounted upgrade they will get a call from all existing iPhone customers, which. . .is how many again?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
AT&T rep. told me because I paid full price for iPhone I could upgrade anytime but there will be no discount. She said Apple told them 6 months ago that this would happen but no other info as to when it will be available (so she says). The only way I would get a discount is if I buy a regular phone and then they would give a discounted upgrade in 20 months.

p.s. Online I have no date of upgrade.