AT&T is purposely confusing me

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by ipod, Oct 12, 2014.

1. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I've been an AT&T customer since they used to be called Cingular, and I've always had an iPhone since day 1.

So, which should I choose from the options listed below?

Options available to you at this time.

Customers receiving a $15/$25 Mobile Share Value discount will only be able to keep it by selecting AT&T NextSM.
    Eligibility dates, prices and service discounts are as of today and are subject to change.

AT&T Next Installment PlanAT&T NextSM 12Upgrade every 12 months
    $32.45 per month for 20 monthsAT&T NextSM 18Upgrade every 18 months
    $27.05 per month for 24 months
    You can save up to $25/month on your rate plan with AT&T NextSM

2-Year Contract$199Upgrade every 24 months

Change Phone Continue

#1 ipod, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

AT&T Next is great if you can't pay it all now or if you don't have an upgrade to get the discount, and you can upgrade yearly.

3. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I can pay all now like I always have.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Then you can do that. The options aren't required but If you'd like the option to upgrade yearly than its good.

5. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

It's making me pick one or no iPhone 6. I'd also like to mention that I've been grandfathered into some cheapo price because I've been a customer since day 1.

Please don't quote me. Thanks. *heart emoji*

#5 ipod, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I would contact them then or go into the store. You shouldn't have to pick one if you can pay full now. You can choose the Next and pay now but be careful about extra fees. I read that online to be careful.

I am grandfathered in as well but I heard that it's not the same as before that we thought it was.

7. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Exactly, they're lttle scammers. I immediately picked up on what they were trying to do here. I always order online, and I don't remember this format. Lol, shameless.

8. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

My mother and I have been with AT&T for years and I have only been with them. We are on the same account. I only preorder through Apple. I can't recall if I ever ordered through AT&T. I did purchase my first iPhone in their store years ago but didn't have any issues.

9. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I'm sorry, I'm so wasted that I forgot to include a few details like which website this is on, and it's Apple... like I always have.

10. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

So you're ordering through Apple to get an iPhone? You shouldn't have any issues. Att Next is just an option. Maybe try calling Apple during open hours.

11. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Because I'm afraid I won't order it if I wait till open hours.

12. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Member
    Bronze

I've been with ATT since Cingular too. Business accounts. I gave up my grandfathered rates and unlimited data on my phones. The premier next program works out better. You can have 10 phones on the next program per account. One account with 10 iPhones is around $240. I think. Now I don't bother with vacation suspensions. I keep them all active.

13. thevlad

thevlad Member
    Bronze

Looks like they list the option you want:
    2-Year Contract$199Upgrade every 24 months.
    Is this not what you are looking for? Or are you trying to buy it at full retail price?

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Why would you not get an unlocked phone if you can pay it all at once ?
    You choose T-Mobile contract free

15. Parana6

Parana6 New Member

I am a att customer since Cingular too. And I didn't want to change my account status with att so I ordered a tmobile contract free.

16. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

It depends on your situation, but Next is usually the better option.

What data plan do you have? That's the key factor. If you have mobileshare 10GB (or more), you get the $25/month line discount. If you have any other plan, you only get a $15/month line discount.

For my GF and I, it worked out hugely in our favor.

17. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

We've had the unlimited data plan since day 1. And we're grandfathered in the old price.

I've yet to order the phone. I was inebriated when I started this thread, it was the only way to make me really want to upgrade to an iPhone 6. Right now, I'm sober (which I mostly am, except on weekends) and I can't bring myself to ordering this phone. Lol. Quite ridiculous. And now that there are new plans and what not, I feel like I have to be super trashed to wanna get with this upgrade. We'll see.

Though, a little bit of me is tempted to call Apple/AT&T today to get it over with. I still don't get the new plans, maybe because I've yet to fully review them or maybe because a huge part of me just doesn't wanna get it. Perhaps both. I'm really not sure.

Suck it, Apple and AT&T! lol

#17 ipod, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  18. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I'm even more confused after visiting a store this weekend. I wanted to check out both phones and get a feel. I was so confused over Next (Which I thought I understood) until I talked to Cindy. if anyone goes to my local store and meets her. Watch out.

She basically told me all kinds of stuff trying to get me to switch and sign up for next including telling me if I didn't upgrade with Next. My Bill in May would go up, and then go up again in Sept and Oct of next year. WTH.

I have been a loyal customer of theirs since the first Motorola Razor flip phones came out.

19. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

Why would you say something that stupid? Do you think it makes you sound cool?

20. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

You obviously thought it was cool, while most didn't think anything of it. Otherwise, you wouldn't hate and troll. There were no intentions of looking anything. I bet you thought it was cool too when I said *heart emoji* lol