I Bought on EBay When i got it it was flashed to work on
my existing T-mobile service worked great till i loaded
iTunes once i connected it it said i needed to update the
software-firmware so i did (big mistake) Now it don't work
at all seems to be locked back with AT&T, and iTunes tells me
the sim card installed aint compatible, to install correct sim card
it had version 1.1.4 before I updated so now im stuck I have
been sitting here forever nothing seems to work i get error codes 20,
1601, when trying to downgrade I have uninstalled-installed all different vesions of i tunes last time i restored it, to kick it out of dfu it said
iPhone will be restored with latest updates what ever version that is?
help me please! thanks in advance!

pop:sick:

Dec 8, 2008
N
Google the problem it will send you to good guides

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
This is what you need to do.
You need to take out your SIM Card, and plug your phone into iTunes. Then you need to Restore to the latest firmware which is 2.2, download it from a site like ModMyI and save it somewhere where you can easily find it. After you have restored, close iTunes. Go to this website http://blog.iphone-dev.org and download QuickPwn for Windows or Mac, whichever one you are on. It'll be a few pages back. Connect your phone in normal mode, open quickPwn, follow the instructions. When it asks you what you would like to install, pick both Installer and Cydia and don't forget to tick Unlock my phone. Then continue following the instrcutions. Once your phone has rebooted, it should be unlocked and activated, you may use iTunes again.

pops

Jan 22, 2009
Thanks!

This is what you need to do.
You need to take out your SIM Card, and plug your phone into iTunes. Then you need to Restore to the latest firmware which is 2.2, download it from a site like ModMyI and save it somewhere where you can easily find it. After you have restored, close iTunes. Go to this website http://blog.iphone-dev.org and download QuickPwn for Windows or Mac, whichever one you are on. It'll be a few pages back. Connect your phone in normal mode, open quickPwn, follow the instructions. When it asks you what you would like to install, pick both Installer and Cydia and don't forget to tick Unlock my phone. Then continue following the instrcutions. Once your phone has rebooted, it should be unlocked and activated, you may use iTunes again.
Thank you neo! works like a charm! except now instead of an Apple
it shows A PineApple at power on and reboot, lol no sweat it works!
Thank you!

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Installer back in the 1.1.4 days was the king of jailbreak app installation, but development has been so slow in the past, that people have forgot about it now and gone to Cydia. And no problem. here to help as always, xD. You can remove the pineApple logo by Quickpwning again and unticking Replace Boot logos.

Neo-Tech

Josh Yates

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2007
Orion, MI
Just don't upgrade to the new 2.2.1 firmware yet! You'll be in the same boat as you were before if you do!

charlesOT

Feb 3, 2009
don't know what did you do eventually but if you made a mistake and upgraded to 2.2.1 your only bet is to get an unlock sim.
I did the same (upgraded to 2.2.1) :(
and now I am waiting my new sim card I bought it from here
I didn't know Apple upgrades are such a pain...