AT&T Lowering Data Plan rates?

mbushnell

Jun 21, 2009
New Jersey
I heard several months ago on the Business News segment of the local TV News program that AT&T was going go lower their Data Plan rates by $10.00 for the iPhone when the next iPhone came out.

Now that the iPhone 3G S is here, have they actually lowered the Data Plan rate?.

The main thing that is stopping me from going to the iPhone is that under the previous plan, my monthly AT&T bill would just about double from what I'm currently paying using my Motorola Razr 3V.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I heard several months ago on the Business News segment of the local TV News program that AT&T was going go lower their Data Plan rates by $10.00 for the iPhone when the next iPhone came out.

Now that the iPhone 3G S is here, have they actually lowered the Data Plan rate?.

The main thing that is stopping me from going to the iPhone is that under the previous plan, my monthly AT&T bill would just about double from what I'm currently paying using my Motorola Razr 3V.
Nope they decided not to lower the data rates.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Well, if you consider not raising the rate when the HSDPA 7.2Mb/s is available, then I guess they did technically "lower data prices," the rate changed from the V1 to 3G so maybe we should be thanking them for not charging us for something that isn't even available yet.

unnecessary

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
They were and actually still considering it. But it will be capped to only 100Mbs. You will run through that in one day and thats not worth it. -=D

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well, if you consider not raising the rate when the HSDPA 7.2Mb/s is available, then I guess they did technically "lower data prices," the rate changed from the V1 to 3G so maybe we should be thanking them for not charging us for something that isn't even available yet.
No thats not lowering the rate. Thats called keeping up with the rest of the world.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
They were and actually still considering it. But it will be capped to only 100Mbs. You will run through that in one day and thats not worth it. -=D
I dunno. For people that live in wifi like me, it might be worth it. I haven't actually even used 100MB of data on 3G since I've gotten my 3GS ... (!)