AT&T Memos for iDay - NEWS LINK

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Lame.

The people waiting in line are already sold. We don't need more greeters to entice us into the store. We don't need congestion clogging demonstrations at kiosks to sell us on a product that we've been waiting hours in line for.

We need more people capable of writing a service contract and operating a cash register in an efficient manner.

With this management approach, I fear the 29th will be a disaster.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Agreed. Let 'em in the door, hand them an iPhone box, take their credit card, do what ya gotta do on the computer, and show 'em to the door.

The people willing to stand in line don't need demonstrations, greeters, etc. Streamline the process on iDay!

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Then again, they may want to have extra staff on hand when they announce that they have sold out of iPhones and there's still a couple hundred people waiting in line. How'd ya like to be the very next person in line when they suddenly run out of phones? :mad:

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Yeah this is dumb. I don't want them doing anything but streamlining the process of getting in and getting out.

Someone posted the rumor that they were instructed to just scan the box and send you on your way. That is what I want to see. I don't want to see people standing there getting a 30 minute demo of the phone while they decide if they are going to buy one. Save that for the week after.

Everything about launch day should be to facilitate separating as many people from their $500-$600 as possible and getting them home as quickly as possible.

If they really do intend to over blow this thing, they are only going to hurt themselves. Imagine you waiting outside to get into the store while some guy is in there getting a demo of how to pinch the new york times.