AT&T MMS is now working!

Is your MMS working?

• Total voters

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Just updated to the Beta 2 of iPhone OS 3.0 and MMS is working!

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Still not working for me dang it ! Just called ATT and got my iPhone text plan switched to a standard messaging plan and still no dice. Oh wellz

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
well mine works haha sorry mine works, its strange YouTube is still a no go.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i just updated to beta 2 and still no go on the mms

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
restoring as a new phone seems to fix the youtube problem
That's too much of a hassle as I don't have a MobileMe or those other syncing apps. I'm not convinced that the loss of YouTube is worth starting from scratch. I'll wait until they patch that one.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
That's too much of a hassle as I don't have a MobileMe or those other syncing apps. I'm not convinced that the loss of YouTube is worth starting from scratch. I'll wait until they patch that one.
if you don't have mobileme yahoo is another great way to sync your contacts at least

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Yahoo works great. If you use yahoo messenger though....allllll of those contacts are in that window when you sign on. I back up contacts through yahoo but I rarely use the messenger. Might wanna just keep that in mind..for those of you that need ...privacy :)

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I actually wonder if MMS is going to work when the firmware is released...for EVERYONE. I see some pissed off people and phone calls in our future.

hotskate

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
mine isn't working but youtube is anyone kow if i do a restore it will work or any other ideas?

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I actually wonder if MMS is going to work when the firmware is released...for EVERYONE. I see some pissed off people and phone calls in our future.
Seriously! I don't understand why they would wait to enable such an anticipated and thereforee important feature until the public release. They're just asking for trouble. Just let us test it already! However, it might just be that AT&T was peeved and considered the activation of MMS a breach of contract on Apple's part. I hope they don't increase the cost of the data package when it comes out. :eek:

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
if you don't have mobileme yahoo is another great way to sync your contacts at least
Thanks, man. I decided to use my highly ignored Outlook and sync it that way because I need to restore this puppy as a new phone. I didn't realize how much I used YouTube!

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
mine isn't working but youtube is anyone kow if i do a restore it will work or any other ideas?
I believe the people who got it to work were lucky by getting an AT&T rep to provision MMS on their accounts before they decided to do the massive ban on it from here forward. Lucky blokes! :p

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
thats the only way?
As far as I know, yeah. I believe someone else mentioned having the jailbroken app SwirlyMMS prior to the 3.0 update and after they updated, MMS worked. It might have something to do with the settings SwirlyMMS configured, though.

cdelauz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I just got a MMS this morning, so Im good. I had ATT provision my MMS before this whole chaos.