AT&T Mobile Transfer App

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PicMeUp, Nov 14, 2012.

1. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member

Anyone know how much it is? Can it be completed just using a handset? How do you retrieve the items in transfer? Should this go in the "App" forum? No clue. Help!
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Are you trying to transfer data from an iPhone to another iPhone? If so, this app should be completely unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member

I wish to transfer contacts, pictures & videos in the event I get a replacement handset.
  5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

In that case, go with iCloud. Go to Settings > iCloud, and follow the setup prompts. This will take care of your contacts. Then, go to Settings > Storage and Backup, and set those options to your liking. Note that if the total used storage on your phone exceeds your available iCloud storage, you will not be able to fit everything into iCloud. If this is the case, you can backup to your computer using iTunes (available for Mac and PC), or purchase more storage at iCloud if you prefer the cloud method.

Once you get a replacement handset, you will set it up from the backup you made, either on your computer or on the cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  6. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member

Don't have access to a PC/Mac. Unable to contact AT&T support because I'm not the account holder(even though I don't want account info.). Just have access to an iPhone, oh well, thanks anyway.
  7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius

iCloud will work from a phone.
  8. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member

RoofMonkey, what is the path for locating/finding/using iCloud on a 3GS? Version 4.2.1.
  9. PicMeUp

PicMeUp Member

AT&T Mobile Transfer is free to existing customers! Yay!! :cool: