AT&T next Gen?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPhreak

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Ok, AT&T is supposedly testing a new network that is much faster than 3g. I can not remember what she called it, but it was 4 letters and started with a H. I was in a room with my iPhone, her curve (ATT employee), and a black jack. The black jack was 3g, my iPhone EGDE and hers was on the test network. We all loaded the same page and we all had to type in it so no it was not cached. All I can say was wow. It was not quite wifi fast but close. I was very impressed. She said that the marketing dept was working on the catchy name now. She felt sure the iPhone already had the hardware to run it, but they were still testing. Anyone know any more info or even know what I am talking about? Sorry to be so vague, but that is all the info I have.

ronak223

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
I think what you're talking about is HSDP...or HDSP

A combination of those four letters lol. yes, ATT didn't create this, its been around in other countries, though it is a new technology. But yes, it's supposed to be basically 3.5G.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Ok, AT&T is supposedly testing a new network that is much faster than 3g. I can not remember what she called it, but it was 4 letters and started with a H. I was in a room with my iPhone, her curve (ATT employee), and a black jack. The black jack was 3g, my iPhone EGDE and hers was on the test network. We all loaded the same page and we all had to type in it so no it was not cached. All I can say was wow. It was not quite wifi fast but close. I was very impressed. She said that the marketing dept was working on the catchy name now. She felt sure the iPhone already had the hardware to run it, but they were still testing. Anyone know any more info or even know what I am talking about? Sorry to be so vague, but that is all the info I have.
If what you said is true and they can apply this speed in our iPhone all I can say is...WOW:laugh2:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
As already noted she was merely referring to HSDPA--nothing new there, though it might be new for your area.

Second, the part about the iPhone having the hardware to run it is completely false.

Certain AT&T reps are like (certain) Radio Shack employees: You've got questions, they've got answers. Wrong answers, but answers nonetheless. :p

--
Mike

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
As already noted she was merely referring to HSDPA--nothing new there, though it might be new for your area.

Second, the part about the iPhone having the hardware to run it is completely false.

Certain AT&T reps are like (certain) Radio Shack employees: You've got questions, they've got answers. Wrong answers, but answers nonetheless. :p

--
Mike
Hahahahahaha. So true:laugh2: