AT&T Next - How to return old phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have my new 6s+ all configured and it's running like a champ. I upgraded on the AT&T Next program and need to return my phone, but haven't received any instructions on how to return it. Anyone have any idea where to ship it to? I think I'll try and stop by the local AT&T store and see if they will take it, that would be much easier (and safer) than mailing it in.

Nov 8, 2014
I have my new 6s+ all configured and it's running like a champ. I upgraded on the AT&T Next program and need to return my phone, but haven't received any instructions on how to return it. Anyone have any idea where to ship it to? I think I'll try and stop by the local AT&T store and see if they will take it, that would be much easier (and safer) than mailing it in.
I was told my an AT&T Rep that my new phone would ship with packaging to return my old phone...doesn't sound like that is the case. I should have my new Silver 6SP today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Did AT&T ship you the 6s Plus? I thought they would include a shipping label so you could ship the old one in the same box. You can return it to a corporate AT&T store if not.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I purchased my 6s+ directly from Apple. No return information was enclosed.
So Apple.com will allow you to purchase a second Next phone even though the old one hasn't been returned to AT&T yet? Was it an iPhone 6 Plus? I thought you had to order through AT&T under those circumstances.

In that case, I would just return the old one to an AT&T store.

Nov 8, 2014
So, I just got my new iPhone...it does have return instructions for the old one. You use the same box and attach a new label that is provided.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Don't return it. Sell it and recover some of the cost of the AT&T Next program. I'm going to list my phone on Craigslist and if I don't get any hits, I'll go through Gazelle.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
So Apple.com will allow you to purchase a second Next phone even though the old one hasn't been returned to AT&T yet? Was it an iPhone 6 Plus? I thought you had to order through AT&T under those circumstances.

In that case, I would just return the old one to an AT&T store.
Yes, it was a 2nd Next phone purchased through Apple. I'll just take it to the AT&T corporate store, 20 miles away, within the next few days. I should get a rebate for the pristine condition that the 6+ is in ;)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Don't return it. Sell it and recover some of the cost of the AT&T Next program. I'm going to list my phone on Craigslist and if I don't get any hits, I'll go through Gazelle.
@Apple4me, I would also suggest, in addition to what Silvermoon suggested, that you check out glyde.com. I used them last year to sell a MacBook Air, with great results.

Compare currrent offers from Gazelle and glyde.com on an iPhone 6 Plus, 64 GB, AT&T, Flawless/Perfect. And note that with glyde.com, you can modify your asking price a bit. For this test quote from glyde.com, I specified that I was including the power adapter (Gazelle simply asks you not to send it in).

Gazelle
Gazelle.png

glyde.com
glyde.com.png