AT&T Next - How to return old phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Apple4me, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I have my new 6s+ all configured and it's running like a champ. I upgraded on the AT&T Next program and need to return my phone, but haven't received any instructions on how to return it. Anyone have any idea where to ship it to? I think I'll try and stop by the local AT&T store and see if they will take it, that would be much easier (and safer) than mailing it in.

2. Superevangelist

Bronze

I was told my an AT&T Rep that my new phone would ship with packaging to return my old phone...doesn't sound like that is the case. I should have my new Silver 6SP today.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did AT&T ship you the 6s Plus? I thought they would include a shipping label so you could ship the old one in the same box. You can return it to a corporate AT&T store if not.

4. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I purchased my 6s+ directly from Apple. No return information was enclosed.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So Apple.com will allow you to purchase a second Next phone even though the old one hasn't been returned to AT&T yet? Was it an iPhone 6 Plus? I thought you had to order through AT&T under those circumstances.

In that case, I would just return the old one to an AT&T store.

6. Superevangelist

Bronze

So, I just got my new iPhone...it does have return instructions for the old one. You use the same box and attach a new label that is provided.

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Don't return it. Sell it and recover some of the cost of the AT&T Next program. I'm going to list my phone on Craigslist and if I don't get any hits, I'll go through Gazelle.

8. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Yes, it was a 2nd Next phone purchased through Apple. I'll just take it to the AT&T corporate store, 20 miles away, within the next few days. I should get a rebate for the pristine condition that the 6+ is in ;)

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

@Apple4me, I would also suggest, in addition to what Silvermoon suggested, that you check out glyde.com. I used them last year to sell a MacBook Air, with great results.

Compare currrent offers from Gazelle and glyde.com on an iPhone 6 Plus, 64 GB, AT&T, Flawless/Perfect. And note that with glyde.com, you can modify your asking price a bit. For this test quote from glyde.com, I specified that I was including the power adapter (Gazelle simply asks you not to send it in).

Gazelle
    Gazelle.png

glyde.com
    glyde.com.png