AT&T Next Plan Issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Hey Guys.. Getting ready to call AT&T about this. I went to pay my bill this week and was expecting to see the extra 35 dollars using the AT&T Next plan. However they charged my 70 dollars instead. It looks like I was billed on the 30th and then again on the 2nd of Dec. That's like 3 damn days apart. So I looked at the bill pattern on the payments. Some months it's the end of the month, some months it's the beginning of them month. But there are several times were the charge is 3 days apart and then a month with no payment. I can understand the every 30 days thing. But that is crazy.

How about just billing me once a month instead of whenever they feel like it....?

Has anyone else seen this? Is it normal? Just wanted to know before I call and chew someone out.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hey Guys.. Getting ready to call AT&T about this. I went to pay my bill this week and was expecting to see the extra 35 dollars using the AT&T Next plan. However they charged my 70 dollars instead. It looks like I was billed on the 30th and then again on the 2nd of Dec. That's like 3 damn days apart. So I looked at the bill pattern on the payments. Some months it's the end of the month, some months it's the beginning of them month. But there are several times were the charge is 3 days apart and then a month with no payment. I can understand the every 30 days thing. But that is crazy.

How about just billing me once a month instead of whenever they feel like it....?

Has anyone else seen this? Is it normal? Just wanted to know before I call and chew someone out.
Is this your first Next bill? The only thing I can think is that one charge was prorated for the first month, and the second charge is your full monthly payment for the next month.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
AT&T rep I just spoke to is fixing it. He says there was a glitch in the system and it did it to some other people. Glad I called..., I feel better now. I was like if they are going to do this. Heck I should have just put it on a credit card. At least I would get a decent monthly bill and some points for my next vacation. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NeFFy

Jun 26, 2013
I work at an AT&T big box store and it's not normal. There is no reason why you should be getting billed three days apart. If you have trouble with your service you can always contact me

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I work at an AT&T big box store and it's not normal. There is no reason why you should be getting billed three days apart. If you have trouble with your service you can always contact me
Thanks NeFFy..., The AT&T rep said it would take them a few days to get it fixed. Hopefully I will hear something soon. If I don't. I'll let you know.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
AT&T rep I just spoke to is fixing it. He says there was a glitch in the system and it did it to some other people.
They always say "it did it to some other people" as if that it supposed to make it better.

So if some poor sap just pays his bill blindly without questioning anything, AT&T would have gotten $35 extra. I'm sure it went unnoticed by quite a few people. Hopefully this thread is making AT&T customers double-check their bills.