AT&T NON-Smartphones

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Does anyone have any recommendations on an AT&T phone that does not require a data package? Money is getting extremely tight for me right now and I think my iPhone is going to have to go (for now). I probably end up buying the new one when it comes out. But for now, I need to sell mine and cut my phone bill by $30.

I was looking at the Samsung Rugby, it has "5 Star" reviews on AT&T's website. What ever it is, IT HAS to have an MP3 player! Any suggestions?

Rugby (Click for specs)

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Ooh man, just looking at Other phones make think that there's no way I could switch! I'm really going to have to think about this!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Just kill your data plan on your iPhone. They'll let you do that. You just have to be reeeeally careful about your data usage when not in wifi.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Does anyone have any recommendations on an AT&T phone that does not require a data package? Money is getting extremely tight for me right now and I think my iPhone is going to have to go (for now). I probably end up buying the new one when it comes out. But for now, I need to sell mine and cut my phone bill by $30.

I was looking at the Samsung Rugby, it has "5 Star" reviews on AT&T's website. What ever it is, IT HAS to have an MP3 player! Any suggestions?

Rugby (Click for specs)

I totally know where you're coming from. If it weren't for some nice grants from the government for school I'd be in the same boat! I'd try to kill your data plan first though, threaten to cancel everything. But if you are getting a basic phone I'd get a Sony Ericsson. Most all have mp3 players and they do work pretty well. My wife has one and loves it and I owned one before the iPhone.

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
I like Sony Ericsson phones, or Samsung. Lately there has been a ton of new device launches so you're bound to find something that suits your needs!

Apr 6, 2009
Trust me, I went through the same thing. Not because of money being tight, I just wanted to do the whole flip phone thing again!

I purcahsed the Nokia 6650 and the Samsung Eternity... needless to say, I kept them both long enough that I could return them.

You will miss your iPhone and you will kick yourself for doing it. The first thing I would do is cancel the data plan!

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
Sony Ericsson phones are great for mp3 capabilities (the w series). I've never liked the build quality of Samsung's phones.