AT&T NooBe...Is unlimited data really unlimited?

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Just curious, b/c I don't want to pay a HUGE data overage. I get my home phone voice mail sent to email, which I can access and listen to on my iPhone. Each attachment is about 800 to 900k. So far after 4 days with my iPhone I have received 10.4 MB of data, most of which is from email, only some from a WiFi connection. Just would rather be safe than sorry! Thanks in advance!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I reset my data every month on the 18th. This is the end of my billing period. Right now I have 16.6 mb sent and 125 mb received. There is no limit. Use it and enjoy.

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
I guess I'm just paranoid. I'm enjoying it so much, just did not want a surprise at the end of the month! I guess as long as I'm not useing my iPhone as a modem for my notebook, I'm good.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Have fun and just use it like crazy... no need to worry... go to flytunes.fm and espn pod center use edge and stream away cause its UNLIMITED :)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just curious, b/c I don't want to pay a HUGE data overage. I get my home phone voice mail sent to email, which I can access and listen to on my iPhone. Each attachment is about 800 to 900k. So far after 4 days with my iPhone I have received 10.4 MB of data, most of which is from email, only some from a WiFi connection. Just would rather be safe than sorry! Thanks in advance!
all iPhone data plans are truly unlimited. HOwever this is not the case with AT&T's other unlimited plans. They should be listed as "unlimited" in quotation marks because there is actually a 5GB limit imposed on them. This also holds true with their wireless data plans for laptops.

Oh, by the way, Gig 'em!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I guess I'm just paranoid. I'm enjoying it so much, just did not want a surprise at the end of the month! I guess as long as I'm not useing my iPhone as a modem for my notebook, I'm good.
Enjoy the living hell out of it. I surf the web on my iPhone a lot, so never fear!

Smith is here!

Egad -- I can't believe I just said that...:)

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Since iDay (June 29th 2007 ), I have sent 389MB and received 4.4GB.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

yeah it'll be fine, and trust me, it's a PITA to get the iPhone working as a modem for your laptop, and the results just don't justify the hassel. EDGE speeds suck for tethering.