AT&T offers Free Wi-Fi Access to iPhone Users

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
It's great! I've been an ATT broadband customer for several years, and I can access their WiFi using my broadband acct info.

The EXTRA nice part is now that Starbucks is offering ATT access, too, I can iPhone surf AND take my laptop with me without having to deal with the RIDICULOUS access cost of T-Mo.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Does anyone know where I could get a list/map of AT&T Wifi locations?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm going to be visiting a few different Starbucks today so I'll have to test it out.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I went to one of the sites listed on this link, but was not able to get on. The AT&T hotspot page that loaded asked for an ID and password - not my phone number as shown in screen caps. Is there something I'm missing?
It seems this service is not fully turned on yet, or at least the 'free for iPhone users' portion of it isn't. AT&T were showing it in iPhone data plans yesterday, and stripped it back out today, so it's looking like they're just trying to get it fully ready to go ...

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Went back to Starbucks today. Here is the screen I keep getting:

IMG_0001.jpg

Is it safe to assume that once free wifi is implemented, we won't get this anymore?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^That's the same screen I got as well. I tried many combinations of passwords and such but to no avail. Hopefully once AT&T comes around we won't have to fiddle with that page any longer.