AT&T Office of the President Phone Number

mimshub

Dec 21, 2008
Greetings

Because the poor signal reception of my new iPhone 3G, I have persistently contacted both Apple and ATT to request assistance. I have recently downloaded the latest Apple update 2.2 and with no improvement.

I finally was escalated to the Office of the President of ATT – here is the phone number <redacted>.

I spoke with Ms. Washington. When you call you immediately get through – no recordings, etc.

The reason for this posting is that there is a need for these folks to know about the signal reception problems with the iPhone. They did not seem to have a clue that this is a serious problem. There seems is a disconnect with this office and Apple – not sure why since this is a best seller for them.

So if you get a chance give this office a call – let them know that there are many iPhone users out there having poor phone call quality, dropped calls, no signal, etc. Maybe enough dissatisfied customers will have some impact on their Apple partner.

Worth a try

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I don't think it's right to give this out. I personally have had zero issues on the AT&T side of the house. My issues are apple-generated.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You couldn't pay me enough to call that number. Beware, people. We have no idea who this person is.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You couldn't pay me enough to call that number. Beware, people. We have no idea who this person is.
Well, I called it :p

It was saying something like welcome to the office of the President of AT&T formerly known as Cingular. Something like that. And then it went into businesss hours...

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I used to have almost zero bars and lots of dropped calls in the house. Now I have normally full 3G signal here and zero dropped calls. At the moment, I'm happy with AT&T -- I wasn't before.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I used to have almost zero bars and lots of dropped calls in the house. Now I have normally full 3G signal here and zero dropped calls. At the moment, I'm happy with AT&T -- I wasn't before.
Yeah, I'm kind of with you there. When they were Cingular, they were god awful. Dropped calls, the worst customer service, awful data services. But since they've been AT&T again, I'm very impressed. They've put many millions into their infrastructure and at least for me, it shows.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
It was kind of foolish to publish the number on here. Now if they get swamped with calls they will most likely change the number. Furthermore they may even change their policy about upper level managements phone number being given out. Which in a way defeats your whole purpose.

When you go through the chain of command and finally reach the top. Your issues at that point have been well documented along the way and you might get something done about the problem. Please consider editing your post by starring out the number. Others may need to reach the Presidents Office one day with their concerns...Mark

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
When I first bought my iPhone I was having some serious issues with dropped calls, everytime I called technical support right in the middle of the conversation the call would get dropped... seriously. It got to the point where the first thing I would do once connecting with TS is tell them if we get disconnected to call me right back or I'd have to wait till I got home to call them from a land line.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I agree since the change to AT&T I have had virtually no problems and customer support on the phone has been great. I had the Treo 650 before I switched and reception at my home wasn't that great but with the 3G it is excellent.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
I always have full bars there is the slight occasion where i drop to 2 or 3..I also have no issues with att it is the Apple side I have issues with as well

jdk2

Bronze
Dec 2, 2008
Stratford, NJ
the reason I left AT&T in the first place was due to poor signal quality at home. I was with VZW for three and a half years and returned to AT&T just recently for the Bold. Signal strength has improved dramatically. I never loose calls anymore, especially since getting the iPhone 3G. I just can't think of any reason to leave them now.

On the other hand, Apple, you would do well to listen to your customers. In these times of economic hardship, a customer lost due to the myriad of deficiencies currently being requested by a very vocal group should not go unheeded.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
the reason I left AT&T in the first place was due to poor signal quality at home. I was with VZW for three and a half years and returned to AT&T just recently for the Bold. Signal strength has improved dramatically. I never loose calls anymore, especially since getting the iPhone 3G. I just can't think of any reason to leave them now.

On the other hand, Apple, you would do well to listen to your customers. In these times of economic hardship, a customer lost due to the myriad of deficiencies currently being requested by a very vocal group should not go unheeded.
JD I have the exact opposite problem, the signal on my AT&T account at home is so weak I very seldom use my iPhone but my BB Storm comes in nice clear, couldn't ask for anything more.

jdk2

Bronze
Dec 2, 2008
Stratford, NJ
JD I have the exact opposite problem, the signal on my AT&T account at home is so weak I very seldom use my iPhone but my BB Storm comes in nice clear, couldn't ask for anything more.
I had very strong signal strength with VZW at home and everywhere I needed it. AT&T has apparently done some upgrading in the Metro Philadelphia area which has definitely made the slogan" More Bars in More Places" a reality for me.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I couldn't get 3G at all where I live until I updated to fw 2.2. Maybe AT&T coincidentally expanded coverage that very week in my area (suburban Maryland), but now I have a strong 3G signal at home and it extends at least another ten to twenty miles south where it was nonexistent before.