AT&T officially blames Apple, in 2 voice mails to me

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
You can here these voice mails, with video of my phone, at www.fixmy3giPhone.com
It is also on YouTube and the link is posted at the site above!

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
wow, you have way too much time on your hands. go buy a blackberry, let us enjoy our iPhones. mine works great and has flawless reception.

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
LOL, you must not have enough time! Enjoy your phone, and don't read it if you don't like it! :)

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Miggs relax. He's not the only person that has a legitimate gripe with Apple and their faulty product. You don't think he wants to enjoy his iPhone? We all do! Besides it takes like 10 minutes to setup and upload a video to youtube. Hardly a lot of time on someone hands.

alejovh1

May 22, 2008
I have called Apple and AT&T and they both deny any problems with the phone or network. I'm on my second phone and live in beaverton Oregon, it should have full 3G coverage.
I'm ready for the blackberry thunder on verizon. :oops:

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
I have called Apple and AT&T and they both deny any problems with the phone or network. I'm on my second phone and live in beaverton Oregon, it should have full 3G coverage.
I'm ready for the blackberry thunder on verizon. :oops:
I am in Beaverton Or. as well, located right at HWY 26 / 217.

Call ATT, get to tier 2 tech support as instructed on my blog and ask for an official case number.

ATT is, not admittedly, but begging for calls like yours. The master case number for the ATT west coast is listed on my youtube video, as seen on www.fixmy3giPhone.com

Keep us posted!

alejovh1

May 22, 2008
Im not too far from you, I live near the Nike HQ and the 3G reception is horrible. I work in downtown portland and while getting full 3G bars still dropping calls like crazy!
I will try AT&T and Apple again tomorrow when I get a chance.

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
i right at 217/26 as well and the reception here at my place isn't the best. It has gotten better over the last few days, but still not great. haven't updated to the newest firmware yet. gotta wait until they jailbreak the firmware..

yes and Apple does deny the problem, atleast the guy i talked to at the bridgeport Apple store.

im on my second iPhone, the 8GB didn't really have any problems. The 16GB does, kinda weird...

pdxrealtor

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
I'm not dropping calls anymore, and I know someone who uses 6k minutes / month who just got her 4th iPhone and now is no longer dropping calls either.

That does not mean that the iPhone's 3G signal is weaker than the "standard" for 3G phone signal strength.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Bottom line is,

Apple advertised and glorified the 3G iPhone and MANY people switched carriers based on Apple's claims.

Apple needs to come through and help these people get what they paid for.

Mine works flawlessly for the most part and I feel bad for people that aren't getting the same 3G service and bug free phone that I have.

PDX, keep at it and be heard. It's the only way Apple is going to know how bad some people have it. They NEED to know so they can rectify their problems and engineer better products for the masses in the future.

To those who tell PDX to pipe down? Why? He will only benefit all of us by making Apple aware of problems because it could be you next time that gets a phone that doesn't perform as advertised and pushed like the 3G.

alejovh1

May 22, 2008
Bottom line is,

Apple advertised and glorified the 3G iPhone and MANY people switched carriers based on Apple's claims.

Apple needs to come through and help these people get what they paid for.

Mine works flawlessly for the most part and I feel bad for people that aren't getting the same 3G service and bug free phone that I have.

PDX, keep at it and be heard. It's the only way Apple is going to know how bad some people have it. They NEED to know so they can rectify their problems and engineer better products for the masses in the future.

To those who tell PDX to pipe down? Why? He will only benefit all of us by making Apple aware of problems because it could be you next time that gets a phone that doesn't perform as advertised and pushed like the 3G.
I agree and support PDX, some people have iPhones with no problems. for those of us that do have problems, we need to let Apple know so they can correct the problems asap.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Miggs relax. He's not the only person that has a legitimate gripe with Apple and their faulty product. You don't think he wants to enjoy his iPhone? We all do! Besides it takes like 10 minutes to setup and upload a video to youtube. Hardly a lot of time on someone hands.

Look, the person set up a blog about it. A blog! If I was so upset about a product that I felt the urge to set up a blog dedicated to why I'm upset about that product, I think I'd just take it back and get something else. That's all I'm saying.

It takes me about 15 seconds load a youtube video. How can all the iPhone 3g's that I have come across (6) work perfectly? Maybe 3g in your area just isn't that good yet, maybe AT&T's coverage map is wrong? I'm not doubting that people have problems, but if that's the case then I'd return the phone and get something that works better for you, not start a blog about it.

It's just a phone...

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
Look, the person set up a blog about it. A blog! If I was so upset about a product that I felt the urge to set up a blog dedicated to why I'm upset about that product, I think I'd just take it back and get something else. That's all I'm saying.

It takes me about 15 seconds load a youtube video. How can all the iPhone 3g's that I have come across (6) work perfectly? Maybe 3g in your area just isn't that good yet, maybe AT&T's coverage map is wrong? I'm not doubting that people have problems, but if that's the case then I'd return the phone and get something that works better for you, not start a blog about it.

It's just a phone...
haha i completely agree. this guy has WAY too much time on his hands to be able to complain this much. if your iPhone is so terrible, and you've returned it and gotten another one that is also terrible. then just return it, get your money back, and get a different phone because obviously the iPhone 3g is not right for you.

if its that big of a deal, and you need the iPhone SOOO much that even though you hate it, you'll keep it, then stop bashing it and Apple and go get a life so you can find a friend to call on your new iPhone.