AT&T order vs. Verizon order...

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by up10ad, Sep 23, 2012.

1. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

On pre-order day at 7:30am I placed online pre-orders for an AT&T black 64GB and for a Verizon black 64GB. Both sites indicated they were available and would ship for delivery on Friday the 21st. Both supplied me with email confirmations of the order and delivery date. Throughout the following week both showed the orders being 'processed' with delivery on 9/21, but did not provide any details or tracking.

Finally on Thursday the 20th AT&T updated the order page with a tracking number confirming delivery via UPS on the 21st. Verizon continued to show 'processing' and delivery on the 21st.

The AT&T phone was delivered at 5:30 on the 21st (no signature required; I didn't hear the truck and he left it on my front porch!)

The Verizon online order status continued to show 'processing' with delivery on the 21st but nothing arrived. Finally, on Saturday morning the Verizon order status changed to say:
    Worst customer service feedback experience ever!

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

why not just order both from Apple?

3. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Im not sure how you got one on the 21st if you ordered at 7:30am, People ordering on Apple at 12:45 am pst were getting notices of 2 weeks delivery. As for Verizon, that kinda customer service is why i continue to ***** about them but i stay with AT&T

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I had Verizon a few years ago and while the service (phone / data) was good enough it was their pathetic and horrid customer service that ran me away NEVER to return again...

5. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

I don't have the best cellular service in Albuquerque with AT&T and hoping that will improve with LTE launching in the next 6 mos or so . Verizon's coverage here is better but I just don't wanna deal with their horrid customer service

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Apple's delivery date was already indicating delivery on 9/28 by the time I ordered at 7:30am.

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I ordered via AT&T site specifically because Apple was already pushing delivery dates. Both AT&T and Verizon were quoting 9/21. AT&T delivered as promised, Verizon didn't.