AT&T order vs. Verizon order...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
On pre-order day at 7:30am I placed online pre-orders for an AT&T black 64GB and for a Verizon black 64GB. Both sites indicated they were available and would ship for delivery on Friday the 21st. Both supplied me with email confirmations of the order and delivery date. Throughout the following week both showed the orders being 'processed' with delivery on 9/21, but did not provide any details or tracking.

Finally on Thursday the 20th AT&T updated the order page with a tracking number confirming delivery via UPS on the 21st. Verizon continued to show 'processing' and delivery on the 21st.

The AT&T phone was delivered at 5:30 on the 21st (no signature required; I didn't hear the truck and he left it on my front porch!)

The Verizon online order status continued to show 'processing' with delivery on the 21st but nothing arrived. Finally, on Saturday morning the Verizon order status changed to say:
We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet. Expected Ship Date: 10/19/2012
Worst customer service feedback experience ever!

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Im not sure how you got one on the 21st if you ordered at 7:30am, People ordering on Apple at 12:45 am pst were getting notices of 2 weeks delivery. As for Verizon, that kinda customer service is why i continue to ***** about them but i stay with AT&T

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I don't have the best cellular service in Albuquerque with AT&T and hoping that will improve with LTE launching in the next 6 mos or so . Verizon's coverage here is better but I just don't wanna deal with their horrid customer service

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
Im not sure how you got one on the 21st if you ordered at 7:30am, People ordering on Apple at 12:45 am pst were getting notices of 2 weeks delivery...
I ordered via AT&T site specifically because Apple was already pushing delivery dates. Both AT&T and Verizon were quoting 9/21. AT&T delivered as promised, Verizon didn't.