AT&T paying $25 for your opinion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rafagon, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

AT&T sent me an e-mail today asking me to take a survey. I was happy that I read it long enough to see one key statement. I would like to give you all a heads up...

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Attached Files:

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I screwed up. Didn't read past "it will take 15 minutes" and deleted the message. :(

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Zanthe You can get it back. Go to your trash it should be in there unless you choose the option to empty the trash as soon as you delete or whatever the option is.

Did you delete it on your iPhone or iPad or was it from the computer? I know I sure would like to figure out the setting that will allow me to delete from all locations once I delete an email. I get tired of deleting email from my iPhone and then having to go and delete it from my iPad and then from my mailbox on my iMac. I thought I came across just such option but I can't find it now. Anyhow, you can recover that deleted email if you don't have such option turned on.

Just check it's probably in the trash and you can put it back.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Sharunda, here's where to find the settings you seek. You have to set up this mailbox behavior on both OS X and your iDevice(s). I'm not sure what the factory settings are, so check your Mac(s) and your iDevice(s).

OS X
    Launch Mail.app on OS X. Click on the "Preferences" menu item (the keyboard shortcut is "⌘,"). Click on the "Accounts" pane. Under the "Trash" heading, make sure "Move deleted messages to the Trash inbox" is checked. Do this for each account you have going. Screenshot:

Mail Preferences.jpg

iOS
    As for your iDevice(s), I could not find an equivalent "Move deleted messages to the Trash mailbox" setting on my iPhone. However, if you go Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on one of your active accounts, you'll see some sliders. I assume that, if set to the "ON" position, anything and everything you do to your e-mails on the given account on your iDevice(s) should be synchronized all over. Again, do this for each account you have going. Screenshot:

photo copy.jpg

Hope this helps!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

my e-mails and bookmarks a synced through out my devices
    I used to go crazy with the bookmarks not there
    Now I add one on my phone it will be on my computer and via versa

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I better check my spam a bid better

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Rafael David González

Thank you so much for all this information! I'm going to do the OS X one when I get home and I'll try the one for the iPhone and iPad now.

8. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Sharunda looks like someone needs a one on one at the genius bar LOL You are to funny

9. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

They didn't send me one of those emails. I wonder if they've heard more of my opinion than they care to hear and specifically blocked me from it. :p

10. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Trash was emptied. All gone.

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

DAMN! R U synced where when you delete an email it is deleted across all devices? If not you still have a shot. :oops:

12. surfer

surfer Member
    Bronze

Boy, I hope I get one of those. I haven't seen anything like that in my inbox.

13. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Me too. I don't think I got this email at all but I'll keep my eye peeled. Thanks for spreading the word!