AT&T paying $25 for your opinion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Zanthe You can get it back. Go to your trash it should be in there unless you choose the option to empty the trash as soon as you delete or whatever the option is.

Did you delete it on your iPhone or iPad or was it from the computer? I know I sure would like to figure out the setting that will allow me to delete from all locations once I delete an email. I get tired of deleting email from my iPhone and then having to go and delete it from my iPad and then from my mailbox on my iMac. I thought I came across just such option but I can't find it now. Anyhow, you can recover that deleted email if you don't have such option turned on.

Just check it's probably in the trash and you can put it back.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Zanthe I know I sure would like to figure out the setting that will allow me to delete from all locations once I delete an email. I get tired of deleting email from my iPhone and then having to go and delete it from my iPad and then from my mailbox on my iMac. I thought I came across just such option but I can't find it now.
Sharunda, here's where to find the settings you seek. You have to set up this mailbox behavior on both OS X and your iDevice(s). I'm not sure what the factory settings are, so check your Mac(s) and your iDevice(s).

OS X
Launch Mail.app on OS X. Click on the "Preferences" menu item (the keyboard shortcut is "⌘,"). Click on the "Accounts" pane. Under the "Trash" heading, make sure "Move deleted messages to the Trash inbox" is checked. Do this for each account you have going. Screenshot:

Mail Preferences.jpg

iOS
As for your iDevice(s), I could not find an equivalent "Move deleted messages to the Trash mailbox" setting on my iPhone. However, if you go Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on one of your active accounts, you'll see some sliders. I assume that, if set to the "ON" position, anything and everything you do to your e-mails on the given account on your iDevice(s) should be synchronized all over. Again, do this for each account you have going. Screenshot:

photo copy.jpg

Hope this helps!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Sharunda, here's where to find the settings you seek. You have to set up this mailbox behavior on both OS X and your iDevice(s). I'm not sure what the factory settings are, so check your Mac(s) and your iDevice(s).

OS X
Launch Mail.app on OS X. Click on the "Preferences" menu item (the keyboard shortcut is "⌘,"). Click on the "Accounts" pane. Under the "Trash" heading, make sure "Move deleted messages to the Trash inbox" is checked. Do this for each account you have going. Screenshot:

View attachment 24301

iOS
As for your iDevice(s), I could not find an equivalent "Move deleted messages to the Trash mailbox" setting on my iPhone. However, if you go Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then tap on one of your active accounts, you'll see some sliders. I assume that, if set to the "ON" position, anything and everything you do to your e-mails on the given account on your iDevice(s) should be synchronized all over. Again, do this for each account you have going. Screenshot:

View attachment 24302

Hope this helps!
Rafael David González

Thank you so much for all this information! I'm going to do the OS X one when I get home and I'll try the one for the iPhone and iPad now.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
They didn't send me one of those emails. I wonder if they've heard more of my opinion than they care to hear and specifically blocked me from it. :p