At&t Said Today....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Went to pester the AT&T guys and they gave the hint that they may Not have any more iPhones if I try to come around 9 (they actually said they probably would NOT be staying open till 12) and that they were almost certain that they would have some Saturday morning and thereafter. Basically that the shipments will come Friday and keep coming. If this is the case Apple made a smart move and certainly will hit that 10 million mark. Of course is this is false then I will probably be one of those suckers without an iPhone for a while:(

Anyone else been pokin for other info from reps?

slipperypete

Bronze
May 20, 2007
Went to pester the AT&T guys and they gave the hint that they may Not have any more iPhones if I try to come around 9 (they actually said they probably would NOT be staying open till 12) and that they were almost certain that they would have some Saturday morning and thereafter. Basically that the shipments will come Friday and keep coming. If this is the case Apple made a smart move and certainly will hit that 10 million mark. Of course is this is false then I will probably be one of those suckers without an iPhone for a while:(

No luck here. Other then saying to me"get here early" they haven't said anything else.

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007

yes, i went today to my att store with my dad who is really outgoing so we talked with the reps for like 20 minutes and they said....:

1. they will be staying open until 10 pm...
2. they will have food inside the store
3. they haven started training yet and will start 5 days before release
4. they have really been kept in the dark so far and have only had one meeting about it....

thats what i learned today!:laugh2:

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
For so many reps knowing nothing they better get this right because this is HUGE for AT&T. We know that it is important for Apple but more importantly there is room here for Cingular to absolutely crush the competition with this thing!

azwilly

Jun 11, 2007
I personally spoke with the Managers of 2 local ATT/Cingular company stores today in Phoenix Az and got exactly the same story. They expected 40-50 phones, they were closing at 4:30 and at 5:45 - 6:00 they would be passing out "chits" for a phone. If you were in line and get a "chit" you are guaranteed a phone:). No chit...bye bye:(. So at least you will know if you get one fairly quickly. One of them said there will probably be some "dreamers" with poor credit or other issues which wouldn't qualify and those phones would be sold Saturday. The Apple stores here had "no information", however, the Concierge service DOES NOT list iPhones for the "personal shopper" (Where you can make a reservation to check out a product with a store employee who will answer questions, etc). This is other than mentioned elsewhere on this board.

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
yes, i went today to my att store with my dad who is really outgoing so we talked with the reps for like 20 minutes and they said....:

1. they will be staying open until 10 pm...
2. they will have food inside the store
3. they haven started training yet and will start 5 days before release
4. they have really been kept in the dark so far and have only had one meeting about it....

thats what i learned today!:laugh2:
cool. food, that means it will be a party. just one more reason i am going to an Apple store.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
The way they were talking...and a weird vibe I am getting I think the majority of people will have the iPhone on launch day (That is those who want it). The only ones that will have a problem I think will be the big cities. Just a speculation...or a hope!

iHuman

Bronze
Dec 16, 2006
Hells Kitchen, New York City
Went into a NYC AT&T today to check the credit and find out any more info. I am all set in the computer to walk in and "Pay The Man". Unfortunately I have to work until 7:30 or 8, so I hope I get there in time.
I asked if they were going to have enough to go around, and the rep said he couldn't promise anything. My plan: If they don't have it there at AT&T, I'll grab the subway up to Apple.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Yep San Diego AT T same info....closing early. Open 6p. Nothing about number system or rewards for earlybirds but I will be at my AT T store at 4p just to watch them close and reopen and I walk in and I buy my iPhone 8g and I already have cing/att and I already have my $660. Yes $660 because I need a cover for my iPhone. Yes I will treat this item better than my mother. At least for the summer.;)

May 6, 2007
United States
The way they were talking...and a weird vibe I am getting I think the majority of people will have the iPhone on launch day (That is those who want it). The only ones that will have a problem I think will be the big cities. Just a speculation...or a hope!
Nice, let's just hope that vibe is correct!

Related to your big cities remark, I wouldn't worry about that. Remember, these things aren't evenly distributed. This means that, yes, there will be more demand and more people wanting it, but there also should be more supply. So it kind of balances out.

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
I just wish I knew how long it'd take. iHuman's post was interesting b/c walking in, paying the man, and jetting is kinda what I need. I play softball Friday Nights starting at 6:30 so I'd love (just in case we get a 6:30pm tourney draw for our first game) to just walk in, say hi, sign whatever the hell it is I gotta sign, fork over 6 large, and wave bye and say thanks and get to my game in time.

If the game is any other time, I'm money...but 6:30 will be interesting.

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Went into a NYC AT&T today to check the credit and find out any more info. I am all set in the computer to walk in and "Pay The Man". Unfortunately I have to work until 7:30 or 8, so I hope I get there in time.
I asked if they were going to have enough to go around, and the rep said he couldn't promise anything. My plan: If they don't have it there at AT&T, I'll grab the subway up to Apple.
I am in the same boat. It just stinks that you wait 6+ months for this thing and they set a 6p.m. timeframe. For me it would have been so much better to be first thing in the morning. I will go again later this week to try to find out some more info. I just continue to cross my fingers that they won't sellout before they close. They can sell out Saturday!

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I just wish I knew how long it'd take. iHuman's post was interesting b/c walking in, paying the man, and jetting is kinda what I need.
If this happens, it would be a first, in my experience.
I've never managed to get out of a cellular store in a timely fashion.
I hope that they've figured out a good system.

ckontyko

Bronze
Mar 14, 2007
I personally spoke with the Managers of 2 local ATT/Cingular company stores today in Phoenix Az and got exactly the same story. They expected 40-50 phones, they were closing at 4:30 and at 5:45 - 6:00 they would be passing out "chits" for a phone. If you were in line and get a "chit" you are guaranteed a phone:). No chit...bye bye:(. So at least you will know if you get one fairly quickly. One of them said there will probably be some "dreamers" with poor credit or other issues which wouldn't qualify and those phones would be sold Saturday. The Apple stores here had "no information", however, the Concierge service DOES NOT list iPhones for the "personal shopper" (Where you can make a reservation to check out a product with a store employee who will answer questions, etc). This is other than mentioned elsewhere on this board.
Well, if I were a store manager for ATT, I would want to create a buzz by having as many people as possible line up outside the store... so if I had 50 iPhones, I would hand out passes that guarantee an iPhone to the first 48 in line, and then raffle off the other 2 to the rest of the people. Otherwise, I won't have more than 50 people waiting for a phone outside my store. (Hardly media worthy.) Oh, and I would also invite the local news.

-CJ

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I am in the same boat. It just stinks that you wait 6+ months for this thing and they set a 6p.m. timeframe. For me it would have been so much better to be first thing in the morning. I will go again later this week to try to find out some more info. I just continue to cross my fingers that they won't sellout before they close. They can sell out Saturday!
Yeah, cause I have to go to work at 3pm on Friday, and can't get out of it!:oops:

I'd send my wife to get it, but then I'd have to tell her the truth about how much it costs!:mad: