AT&T Sales Reps (shm)

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Its funny how the AT&T sales rep thought she knew everything. Was telling people that there is no way to transfer your contacts to your new iPhone until you got home. I asked the lady if she heard of Mobile Me and she looked at me like I was speaking Greek. I signed up for MM the night before and you should have seen her face hit the floor when i showed her my contact list 3 mins after getting my phone activated. Pointless thread....just thot I'd share

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
That's hilarious, I've always known we know more than most of the reps.
It doesn't take much to know more than most. Just like Wal mart employees in the automotive department. If you can sign you name on an app and show up on time, dude you got the job

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
can you pay monthly for mobileme? where did you have your contacts uploaded from? Im trying to figure out how to get my bb contacts to the iPhone. im sure there isn't an app on the app store to do it like there was on installer :(

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
can you pay monthly for mobileme? where did you have your contacts uploaded from? Im trying to figure out how to get my bb contacts to the iPhone. im sure there isn't an app on the app store to do it like there was on installer :(
No MM has no monthly price. It just breaks down to $8 a month by paying the $100 a year

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Slightly off topic...
You should be able to plug that bb into a PC and export the contacts into a CSV file, then import that CSV into Outlook Express and use iTunes to sync with Outlook.
Thats how I did it for my wife at least but she had a RAZR. Same concept I would think.

Im very interested in MobileMe but is the cost really justified? I like the Push Calendar and Contacts but Im not sure Its worth it just for that.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Its funny how the AT&T sales rep thought she knew everything. Was telling people that there is no way to transfer your contacts to your new iPhone until you got home. I asked the lady if she heard of Mobile Me and she looked at me like I was speaking Greek. I signed up for MM the night before and you should have seen her face hit the floor when i showed her my contact list 3 mins after getting my phone activated. Pointless thread....just thot I'd share
lol how would you feel if you cost her her job tho?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Slightly off topic...
You should be able to plug that bb into a PC and export the contacts into a CSV file, then import that CSV into Outlook Express and use iTunes to sync with Outlook.
Thats how I did it for my wife at least but she had a RAZR. Same concept I would think.

Im very interested in MobileMe but is the cost really justified? I like the Push Calendar and Contacts but Im not sure Its worth it just for that.
Try the 60 day trial they offer on Apple website. I just set it up today and am testing it out before I actually decide to get it. I love the automatic syncing of calendars, contacts, etc. but so far I am not sure it's worth $99 a year but I will see how it goes. You don't have anything to lose by trying it.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I think this is freakin' hilarious, which I would have been there.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
How would he have cost her, her job?
a lot of retail jobs are based on the employee knowing the product inside and out, i know its not likely but in a lot of jobs ive had you can get fired for giving a customer faulty information, witch makes sense don't you agree?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
a lot of retail jobs are based on the employee knowing the product inside and out, i know its not likely but in a lot of jobs ive had you can get fired for giving a customer faulty information, witch makes sense don't you agree?
I agree but the Mobile Me is a service for iPhone. Its not a feature of it. You know?

Maybe they arent trained to know about MMe either?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
AT&T should send there trainees to Apple store for a training course (workshop).

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I agree but the Mobile Me is a service for iPhone. Its not a feature of it. You know?

Maybe they arent trained to know about MMe either?
i know, it was just a joke tho i didn't mean it literally

Inverted

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
att provides technical network support issues and has general iPhone knowledge just like on any other phone. mobileme is an Apple product. Thats like asking an att rep whats wrong with your .mac acount... gimme a break why would they know that stuff.