AT&T saying they are not bumping contracts

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Called them today about my contract and they can not bump my contract so I can get a new phone!

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

RyanP

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
What do you mean by "bump" your contract? Are you due for a new phone? I plan to get a new one, as my iPhone 4 is over two years old now--will I be able to do that?

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
What do you mean by "bump" your contract? Are you due for a new phone? I plan to get a new one, as my iPhone 4 is over two years old now--will I be able to do that?
If you renewed your contract more than 2 years ago, you are eligible for a full upgrade.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Well here is my issue! I got the 3G and was able to upgrade to the iPhone 4, then a year later I was able to upgrade to the iPhone 4s! All those were under two years! Why am I not eligible for upgrade for the 5? I'm getting pissed!

Jan 5, 2008
why would they do that? because it is an iPhone? no . whether it is a Blackberry, windows phone, Android, a contract is a contract, either you are due and upgrade or your not. God, you iPhone people are so needy!

Jan 5, 2008
I have two lines on my family plan. In order to get this phone at the subsidized price I am opening up another line on my family plan. There is no other way for me to do this. (y)
I just had to do the same thing for my son to save some money on an iPhone before the regular upgrade. usually Apple is calling the shots on everything iPhone!