AT&T says received 1 mln inquiries on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
wow that is a lot for the iPhone
... but only a tenth of the way to their sales target. (I think they'll make it!)

On that note, Jobsy hopes to sell 10M iPhones in '08 if I remember The Great Keynote correctly. That gives him the second half of '07 to work out the kinks, add features, and drop the price. :sick:

-K

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
This is going to be interesting. So, are we going to be able to buy an iPhone at an Apple store? Or, do we have to go to an AT&T store? If we already are signed up with Cingular, are we going to be able to get a deal with a new contract through the Apple Store? What if we buy through AT&T, are we going to be able to get Apple Care for our new iPhone?

Hmmm, lots of unanswered questions.... :confused:

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
This is going to be interesting. So, are we going to be able to buy an iPhone at an Apple store? Or, do we have to go to an AT&T store? If we already are signed up with Cingular, are we going to be able to get a deal with a new contract through the Apple Store? What if we buy through AT&T, are we going to be able to get Apple Care for our new iPhone?

Hmmm, lots of unanswered questions.... :confused:
I'll give those a stab:

1 & 2. iPhone will be on sale at Apple and Cingular/AT&T stores.
3. Plans should be available through both retailers as well, although buying any new phone may reset your contract date and it has yet to be confirmed that there will be any iPhone discount with a new plan (rumors abound).
4. There will be available insurance. My guess is that it will be a reworked AppleCare product. Worst case, you can buy separate 3rd party insurance. Murmurings arer that tech support will be housed by AT&T.

Updated info welcome, natch.

-K

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
It's definitely going to be a logistical challenge for both companies. It'll be very interesting to see how well they collectively handle things.

It's always been said that "Apple doesn't play well with others." We'll see how well they play with their new schoolyard buddy (AT&T).

Mar 30, 2007
LA
Nice link. I just had an experience that may bode not so well for the AT&T marriage with Apple.

I was trying to access my AT&T account online and couldn't get access. After a great long thingy with their customer service it turned out their website doesn't work with Apple's Safari. I was able to get in using Firefox. So it says to me that everything at AT&T is Windoze. I perdict the phone service is going to be a mess.