AT&T Service Cancellation? Within 30 days to avoid termination fee?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DCDJ

Jun 29, 2007
Washington DC
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knew about the AT&T return policy?

If I purchased the phone from the Apple store and then activated it. Can I still cancel my service within the 30days with out any other fees? or having to return the iPhone itself?

Thank you for your help!

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Hello everyone.

If I purchased the phone from the Apple store and then activated it. Can I still cancel my service within the 30days with out any other fees? or having to return the iPhone itself?

Thank you for your help!
You can't get around having to return the phone if you cancel within 30 days. The ONLY way to keep the phone is to pay an ETF. It's right in the contract that if you cancel within 30 days you must surrender any equipment bought with the contract.

Jun 30, 2007
but you didn't really buy the iPhone with the contract.
you bought the iPhone separately at the Apple store...

also, if you cancel your plan, does your iPhone become useless again?
meaning if i put my brother's SIM card into the iPhone, is it not going to work?

i'm thinking it might work cause' you'll already have activated your iPhone
unless cingular un-activates your phone somehow when you cancel your plan.

Professor

Jul 4, 2007
If the phone is returned unopened within 14 days (still in shrink wrap) you will get a full refund for the phone and all fees, including the $36 activation fee. If the phone is returned opened within 14 days a 10% restocking fee will be charged and $36 activation fee returned. If the phone is returned within 30 days a 10% restocking fee will be charged (opened or unopened) and activation fee will be waived. After 30 days an Early Termination fee of $175 is charged. The phone will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to make calls with the phone. However, music, video and Wi-Fi should still work.

SpunkyXL

Jul 1, 2007
After 30 days an Early Termination fee of $175 is charged. The phone will be deactivated and you will no longer be able to make calls with the phone. However, music, video and Wi-Fi should still work.
Are you sure this is true? Everyone on the main forum was saying you don't get any refund at all if its past 14 days. So, if I return my iPhone past the 14 days but withing 30, I can get a refund with just a 10% restocking fee?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hello everyone.

Thank you for your help!
First, if you buy the iPhone from the Apple Store. AT&T does not check to see if you returned the phone. Second, the receipt from the Apple store clearly states you only have 14 days to return the iPhone (restock fee if opened, no restock fee if never opened). That's the fact Jack..M

Eric1115

Oct 5, 2009
First, if you buy the iPhone from the Apple Store. AT&T does not check to see if you returned the phone. Second, the receipt from the Apple store clearly states you only have 14 days to return the iPhone (restock fee if opened, no restock fee if never opened). That's the fact Jack..M
is that still true today or did Apple changed their iPhone return policy?

Eric1115

Oct 5, 2009
juls1585 said:
I was just in Apple and they still have the 14 day rule
which store did you go to? when I called Apple store they told me the return for the iPhone is now 30 days and At&t wont cancel their service unless you go back to the store and cancel there. is that true?