AT&T slip?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
Ok, I went to the AT&T store yesterday. I told them that I wanted to switch from sprint to them and I told them that I was planning on getting the iPhone as soon as it came out. She told me that I should come in on the 14th and get my paperwork out of the way because they come out on the 15th. She told me that I was to call her so that she could tell me what time to come in, and that as soon as it came in from the truck she would assign my phone to the account we set up. I asked her if she was sure the phone came out then and she said yes but she would check with her manager. She went into his office and a couple minutes later they came out. He said that they didn’t know anything about the release. As he was talking she was mouthing that they did know it would be the 15th. Wonder if she knew what she was talking about? Why would she sat THAT date?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
If the true release date has filtered down to the store manager level we should hear this date a lot in the near future. There are too many store managers for this not to leak out from multiple places. I hope your salesperson was right, but I am not going to hold my breath ;).

May 6, 2007
United States
Yeah. It's good to hear but just another rumor. The iPhone is probably currently the most rumored thing on the planet :laugh2:, so we just have to sit back and see what happens, even though it's hard to do.

Joshie

Bronze
May 24, 2007
We all know its going to be sometime in june. So we should all just be happy. The more days we get through in the month of june, the closer we get to the release date :D

May 6, 2007
United States
Yep. At least we know that by July 1st, we should all have them in our greedy hands. At least all of us that want one. Unless there is a major delay or a huge shortage. OH WAIT I DIDN'T SAY THAT! KNOCK ON WOOD! :p

BoxKrait

Bronze
May 16, 2007
Sounds like that sales rep had a crush on you. lol
Good news? Rumor?
I'll take anything just gimmie my phone. :(

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
We don't know if it's slipping, though, because we don't have a confirmed release date. As for me, as much as I'd like to mess with one, and find out if it will be something I can use, I'm staying far away from any AT&T store until August...I'm giving people that dream about this device and will wait in line as if some Star Trek convention/movie premiere time to get it out of their system. Then I'll inquire.

rpbphoto

May 10, 2007
Another AT&T employee said June 15th

I was just at a AT&T store to check on switching when the iPhone comes out. There were four of the associates in a huddle when I walked up. I kinda think that since I am looking at the forums on this site and others I probably know about 200% more than any of them about, but I decided to talk to them about switching my wife and I over just to get a heads up on plans and just see what they said when I said the word iPhone. They all jumped at the chance to tell me that it will be out on the 15th. I asked them if any of them had any Apple products and not one even had an ipod! I would love for them to be correct but I feel that they are probably wrong because 1) would you trust a windows person that has never even bought an Apple product? 2) I do not think that Apple is going to tell them when it will go on sale until they start receiving them Apple will control the show not AT&T). and 3) I go on vacation the following week which means it will probably be out on the 20th.

RB

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I was just at a AT&T store to check on switching when the iPhone comes out. There were four of the associates in a huddle when I walked up. I kinda think that since I am looking at the forums on this site and others I probably know about 200% more than any of them about, but I decided to talk to them about switching my wife and I over just to get a heads up on plans and just see what they said when I said the word iPhone. They all jumped at the chance to tell me that it will be out on the 15th. I asked them if any of them had any Apple products and not one even had an ipod! I would love for them to be correct but I feel that they are probably wrong because 1) would you trust a windows person that has never even bought an Apple product? 2) I do not think that Apple is going to tell them when it will go on sale until they start receiving them Apple will control the show not AT&T). and 3) I go on vacation the following week which means it will probably be out on the 20th.

RB
It's hard to believe that none of them owned an iPod. I thought everyone under the age of 60 had one.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007

RB

See, that made me believe it even more...

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I would think that their would have been a copy of a leaked Att memory saying the date of this is ture. Im hoping it is true though.

The 15th would be a friday. don't most Apple products release on tuesdays? I guess it really dosent matter. The PS3 was realeased on a thursday.

bunnie077

May 26, 2007
Ok so I also went to the Cingular/AT&T store last week to switch from Sprint to the iPhone. One gal told me that they would not get it till the end of the month while the other guy corrected her and said they would get them on June 1st. They did have a waiting list going for the iPhone sales. According to what I've read you were told not to take waiting list, is what I told the clerk. He replied with "they had to figure something out".

So the reality of it seems no one knows when it will be release just sometime in June. The realistic side of me knows she will not have a iPhone this week. The hopeful side is still hoping I will. :)

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
My local Cingular store had no information and said the ROKR and V3i showed up with no warning and no training and they expect the same for the iPhone. The sales manager basically said they didn't have any information that wasn't already on the web... not very encouraging.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Rumors being the operative part of MacRumors... I'll believe it when I see it... and that speculation may only include Apple stores and not Cingular/AT&T

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
ok so I just called the store that I am #2 on their waiting list. The manager that I spoke with said that she still has not received any information on the iPhone date. So I started to flirt a little with her and she told me that because she has not received any new information that the 15th still stands. She also told me that none of her employees are allowed to take vacation that week eather. She also stateted that corporate won't even allow her to take vacation that week. She said that she got an email saying all this. I think that was her way of confirming it to me without actually saying it.