AT&T Store/ Apple Store Question!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SnkerHeAD

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Just Wondering ...is every ATT Store and Apple store is gOing to Carry the iPhone on the 29th please someone let me know cause i took off that day...and still don't have a Game Plan "where to Go"

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
welcome to EI!
and to answer your question,
no, not every store will be carrying iPhone,
but many will, just call in advance

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
many of us have that fear....
i live in huntington, NY
i am going to a small iPhone store in Deer Park.....
i am very optimistic (maybe too much)
so i am just gonna stroll into the store maybe a couple hours after they start selling them and hope for the best.....
the store is pretty small, and already confirmed with me that they will be carrying iPhone...
i just am hoping that not many will go there due to its size

SnkerHeAD

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
i live in huntington, NY
so i am just gonna stroll into the store maybe a couple hours after they start selling them and hope for the best.....
the store is pretty small, and already confirmed with me that they will be carrying iPhone...

well i hOpe The Apple store in Rooseltfield mall has some or even the 4 ATT store on the Strip of Old Country Road as...

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
i live in huntington, NY

yeah, me too, i live in bloomfield hills, MI and i know of a new small store that will be carrying them too... thats what i wrote in my thread called "just a tip>!"

WolfmanXII

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
California
i have the same fears. i camped out for the wii, ps3, and 360. got none of them on the days i camped out. they were expected to have many units shipped but of course lied which i am hoping will not happen to the iPhone (although my second time camping out for wii was successful during black friday). so in camping out, there is hope, but you just gotta find your resources before going to a random store.

GujuGeek

Jun 18, 2007
I have a quick question.

If I already have a AT&T account...I don't need to renew it to get the iPhone right?

I could just go to an Apple/AT&T store on the 29th....and pick one up for $600 (8G)? And put my SIM card in..and it should work?

I'm going to renew my contract soon anyway since I have no data plan or texts right now...but don't think I'm going to do it that day with all the iPhone frenzy. But..would I get the iPhone for cheaper if I renewed my contract that day?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have a quick question.

If I already have a AT&T account...I don't need to renew it to get the iPhone right?

I could just go to an Apple/AT&T store on the 29th....and pick one up for $600 (8G)? And put my SIM card in..and it should work?

I'm going to renew my contract soon anyway since I have no data plan or texts right now...but don't think I'm going to do it that day with all the iPhone frenzy. But..would I get the iPhone for cheaper if I renewed my contract that day?
We don't really know the details yet, but it has been posted many times that buying the iPhone will require a two year renewal and data plan. No clarification has come from Cingular/At&t as of yet.

Stay iTuned.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
^ no. You have to extend your contract 2 years in order to purchase and use the phone. The phone wouldn't be cheaper but since you won't be able to use it with your simcard (from what I understand, they come with preinserted sims, and thus won't work until activated on the new plan) you might as well do the mess around with the contract in the store with a human...the phone reps are sometimes so-so.

ETA: sorry, that was to GujuGeek.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
You need to make sure the stores are corporate stores. Only corporate At&t/Cingular stores will be carrying the iPhone.
That is importnat to note. Also important for people thinking that going to a smaller store will be better, it may not be. Retail stores allocate product based on previous sales. So if you choose to go to a smaller store it is likely that they will receive fewer iPhones. However, if you choose to go to a larger store there will likely be more people. Choose wisely.

- SR