At&t Store Availability Update

Dukeboy0169

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
Went to local At&t at 5:30pm today to order a 3G. At first the rep said I was not eligible for the discounted pricing. One 10 minute phonecall to At&t by me fixed that.

They actually had the black 8 gigs in stock. He was trying to get me to take that one but I want the 16 giger. So Im good to go. Should be here in 5-7 days.

I just cant understand why a million people all over the world went through craziness to get their phones. Weve waited so long, whats another couple of days? I walked in, got my phone, no lines to deal with...

With all due respect to those of you that waited 7 hours in line, yall are nuttier than a chipmunks cheaks in october.

There was a customer there that did purchase the 8gig. The rep removed it from the box but still told the customer they would have to finish activating it from home.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Yup. In and out of the AT&T store this AM in about 15 minutes. Phone will be here when it gets here. My life won't change during the wait! :)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
None at my local ATT store today. I will wait. I did not want to pay today and get it in 7-10 days. I may just go to the Apple store this weekend.

anneuryzm

Jul 8, 2008
All of us nuts who waited in line paid for a phone and walked out with it, though! :laugh2:

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
None at my local ATT store today. I will wait. I did not want to pay today and get it in 7-10 days. I may just go to the Apple store this weekend.
Your card is not charged until it arrives. Or at least that's what the receipt says...:cool:

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
But at least when my child grows up I can tell her I was there on iDay 1 and 2, LOL. I just did it for fun. 16 hours last year and 4 this. At least I walk away both days with a phone, but now trying to find one for the wife.

Marty Mar

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Cortland Ohio
Your card is not charged until it arrives. Or at least that's what the receipt says...:cool:
thats BS dude. i have my debit card set up to text me my current balance everytime i make a purchase. i literally had $212 off my card before the receipt hit my hand.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
thats BS dude. i have my debit card set up to text me my current balance everytime i make a purchase. i literally had $212 off my card before the receipt hit my hand.
Could be just a pending charge, we do the same at my job. It's not charged, but pending until we charge it.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
By law they are not allowed to "charge" you card until the item ships, but they do put a "hold" on the amount when scanned most of the time, some places only do like a dollar, like best buy, until it ships.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
If I say "no disrespect" before mentioning that you are "a raging retarded *******", that makes it OK, right?

Jun 28, 2008
i bed the differ....i did the direct fullfilment...and it doesn't say that it was charged....but my balance is as if they charged it...

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
i bed the differ....i did the direct fullfilment...and it doesn't say that it was charged....but my balance is as if they charged it...
...that's called a pending transaction:p

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
I and thousands of other people waited in line for about 7 hours and some and can't really explain why. I guess we're a special breed. Don't know. Maybe the excitement of being there and getting the phone on iDay. No matter how i try to justify, there is really no justification for waiting in line for 7 hours. OMG. However, i can say that i have the NEW iPhone and can give the people that waited a review on what and what not to look for. So, the world needs people like us. LOL. I'm laughing just writing this reply. :p

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
They sold out before they opened, LOL. He says he got 2 trucks ok the way, maybe will be lucky.