AT&T Store is Killing the Purchase of iPhones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
I have been into my local AT&T store twice this week to look for cases(none I want). Back to what bothers me though is that the employees who are answering questions about the iPhone are the worst PR people for the iPhone. I actually answered questions for others. I saw lack of excitement for the phone, questions answered with statements such as "oh you will work you way through it". Me, and I have been in sales before, would take that person to the side and spend time getting them excited. Showing the great features. When someone would show interest and ask a question, I would elaborate on the great qualities and I would get the sale. I guess I was just surprised at the lack of excitement which did not produce a sell either time I was in there. I almost took over and I don't work there. I am excited about the phone and just want to sell it.

Too be fair, I was in an Apple Store in Houston area and actutally noticed the same thing.

Where are the good salesmen when you need them.

Sell or Sale - I still get confused, lol

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I have been into my local AT&T store twice this week to look for cases(none I want). Back to what bothers me though is that the employees who are answering questions about the iPhone are the worst PR people for the iPhone. I actually answered questions for others. I saw lack of excitement for the phone, questions answered with statements such as "oh you will work you way through it". Me, and I have been in sales before, would take that person to the side and spend time getting them excited. Showing the great features. When someone would show interest and ask a question, I would elaborate on the great qualities and I would get the sale. I guess I was just surprised at the lack of excitement which did not produce a sell either time I was in there. I almost took over and I don't work there. I am excited about the phone and just want to sell it.

Too be fair, I was in an Apple Store in Houston area and actutally noticed the same thing.

Where are the good salesmen when you need them.

Sell or Sale - I still get confused, lol
And now they're charging $5 just to walk in the door of an Apple store! :cool:

R1 Kid

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
And now they're charging $5 just to walk in the door of an Apple store! :cool:
Not here in Va. At least not yet. I went into the store to purchase an airport extreme (3 days ago) I needed and there was no charge. I already had my speech down pat though just in case they asked for $5.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
At ease , friends. It was a satire piece on some blog a week or so ago that got big play on digg. :)