AT&T Tech Support Chat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 30, 2007
I'm in an online support chat with AT&T Customer Support right now. There are 2 AT&T Agents... 3 people chattings and 32 waiting.

Every person that asks about activation (and it is 99.999% of the questions) is getting the same exact response...

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the iPhone activations are taking longer than expected. If you have entered all the activation information accurately, the activation will take effect as quickly as possible."

Jun 30, 2007
WOW!

AT&T Tech Support is editing the questions to remove any "anger" that people are frustrated.

Here is what I asked...

"Is there a way to access my voicemail... my line says that "this customer's voicemail is not yet set up." As a current AT&T customer I would think that I could at least access my voicemail to see who is attempting to reach me or at least let me leave a greeting that says, "Sorry for the inconvienance, but I've been waiting for my iPhone to activate for over 14 hours and unfortunately I don't have a phone right now and since AT&T hasn't moved my number you cannot leave me a voicemail." I feel that something must be done to allow access to an account as I have no way for my family, employer, clients, friends, etc. to even reach me."

Here is what they posted for all to see...

"Is there a way to access my voicemail... my line says that "this customer's voicemail is not yet set up." As a current AT&T customer I would think that I could at least access my voicemail to see who is attempting to reach me or at least let me leave a greeting. that something must be done to allow access to an account as I have no way for my family, employer, clients, friends, etc. to even reach me.

Notice how they totally removed...
"that says, "Sorry for the inconvienance, but I've been waiting for my iPhone to activate for over 14 hours and unfortunately I don't have a phone right now and since AT&T hasn't moved my number you cannot leave me a voicemail."