AT&T To Raise Text Rates

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just saw this on C/Net.

AT&T subscribers let out a collective groan yesterday when the carrier announced it was raising text messaging fees by 5 cents. For those customers not using a messaging bundle plan, text messages will now cost 20 cents to send and receive while multimedia messages (aka picture messages) will now cost 30 cents to send and receive.

You can see the whole article here.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
''RAISING THE BAR''

=

''Raising prices in more cities'' the new AT&T''

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
LOL . . . Another way to get the monies up front. Raise the price to get everyone on a package.

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
Im waiting on the day we can stop the stupid early term fees.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just saw this on C/Net.

AT&T subscribers let out a collective groan yesterday when the carrier announced it was raising text messaging fees by 5 cents. For those customers not using a messaging bundle plan, text messages will now cost 20 cents to send and receive while multimedia messages (aka picture messages) will now cost 30 cents to send and receive.

You can see the whole article here.

that is freakin ridiculous! i really would like to know how much of a profit percentage the cell companies make on SMS and MMS messages.

Jun 11, 2007
Lansing, MI
www.freemod.net
absurd! Why should we pay that much for something that most likely costs them nothing!? Picture messages, I understand has to cost them something, but I doubt it costs that much :(