AT&T Training Week Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
:laugh2: Hey, (btw chris...thanks!)
There are so many threads and so much confusion on facts that I decided to make a thread for this week. It may not keep rumors out, but at least we can all try and keep it related to what is learned at AT&T training (which will begin mon/tues). We are all anxious to hear what employees are learning about the iPhone, plan rates, special features, problems, etc...

ProductProFresno

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
:laugh2: Hey, (btw chris...thanks!)
There are so many threads and so much confusion on facts that I decided to make a thread for this week. It may not keep rumors out, but at least we can all try and keep it related to what is learned at AT&T training (which will begin mon/tues). We are all anxious to hear what employees are learning about the iPhone, plan rates, special features, problems, etc...
The Managers only are training on Mondday and tuesday, or is it tuesday and wednesday? But THEN it will trickle down. Makes me sad, lol.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
AT&T's iPhone webpage is being updated. I tried to check for new info, and got the
Maintenance In Progress

Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our internet site for our customers. As part of this ongoing effort, we are currently doing maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that you please try back again later.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
AT&T's iPhone webpage is being updated. I tried to check for new info, and got the
Maintenance In Progress

Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our internet site for our customers. As part of this ongoing effort, we are currently doing maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that you please try back again later.
Here come the iPhone rate plans.......Soon as they're finished with site maint...

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
i hope so! i already checked this morning hoping they would have them up there without "announcing" it...guess i tried too early. ahhh :sick: now i will be hitting refresh every 15 min.

yeah im a dork.:cool:

Jun 25, 2007
Yeah, no new news! WTF?
I just called AT&T headquarters complaining about the lack of information on the AT&T. I understand this is businesss and they want to create hype, etc..

But to have no information about plans, etc. is crazy. The majority of the people inquiring are coming from other carriers, etc.

We should at least know as much as possible before switching to them. Hopefully they'll have more info up this week. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just called AT&T headquarters complaining about the lack of information on the AT&T. I understand this is businesss and they want to create hype, etc..

But to have no information about plans, etc. is crazy. The majority of the people inquiring are coming from other carriers, etc.

We should at least know as much as possible before switching to them. Hopefully they'll have more info up this week. :)
Hopefully. But to be honest with you, I'm starting to think they're gonna make us wait until we get in the store on Friday before telling us the data plan rates.

Jun 23, 2007
The internal email I received today (I work for SWBell,ATT) had a lot of things said on the upcoming stuff this week. It said there would be a pleasant surprise and a new commercial this week, but did not indicate the details. It did detail the advance work put into the EDGE network and said it would be nearly twice as fast and expanded just for the iPhone support, nearly 50 million dollar buildout. It also said that there were over 200 ATT netwrk techs in the field that had been trialing the netwrk for 10 weeks now and have good reports on it.. I will post on new stuff as I get it.

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
The internal email I received today (I work for SWBell,ATT) had a lot of things said on the upcoming stuff this week. It said there would be a pleasant surprise and a new commercial this week, but did not indicate the details. It did detail the advance work put into the EDGE network and said it would be nearly twice as fast and expanded just for the iPhone support, nearly 50 million dollar buildout. It also said that there were over 200 ATT netwrk techs in the field that had been trialing the netwrk for 10 weeks now and have good reports on it.. I will post on new stuff as I get it.
thank you! this is why i started the thread. sure, he doesn't have every answer, but he's telling us what they are telling him. we are looking forward to your further details.

Jun 23, 2007
thank you! this is why i started the thread. sure, he doesn't have every answer, but he's telling us what they are telling him. we are looking forward to your further details.
Thanks, The email I had also said it would have a new one each day this week for the iPhone/network update, I will post when I get them. They could have stuff in as it rolls out to the press also, but maybe something I can share also.
Oh, the 200 techs that were doing the field testing, it was with iPhones! They had reportedly logged over 10,000 hours online with the EDGE and the iPhone came off as a very nice piece of technology and hardly any glitches at all.

Jun 23, 2007
I found this paragraph in an article on infoworld.com
"USA Today also reported that Verizon was Apple's original choice for wireless partner, but that Verizon wouldn't accept Apple's extraordinary demand of an off-the-top cut of monthly subscriber revenue." (emphesis added)

Does this mean that Apple wanted Verizon to cut its subsciber rates and they would not so Apple dealt with ATT? If so, does this mean that special low rates dictated by Apple will take place from ATT plan? your thoughts?

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I found this paragraph in an article on infoworld.com
"USA Today also reported that Verizon was Apple's original choice for wireless partner, but that Verizon wouldn't accept Apple's extraordinary demand of an off-the-top cut of monthly subscriber revenue." (emphesis added)

Does this mean that Apple wanted Verizon to cut its subsciber rates and they would not so Apple dealt with ATT? If so, does this mean that special low rates dictated by Apple will take place from ATT plan? your thoughts?
It means that Apple wanted a revenue sharing model of the monthly subscriber rates with Verizon.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Great. Something else to look forward to! :)