AT&T TV on iPhone 3G?

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I keep seeing the adds for AT&T Wirless TV on the Olympics. Can we get it on the iPhone?

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Not yet. Only two AT&T phones currently have the TV feature available. Hopefully it will be available on the iPhone soon though.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
i had AT&T's "mobiTV" on my blackjack, it was terrible.

youtube on iPhone works great for me. not really sure why you'd think AT&T and youtube have anything to do with eachother though....

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i had AT&T's "mobiTV" on my blackjack, it was terrible.

youtube on iPhone works great for me. not really sure why you'd think AT&T and youtube have anything to do with eachother though....
i don't think they have anything with each other. But the speed of the network has a lot to do with the quality.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
i don't think they have anything with each other. But the speed of the network has a lot to do with the quality.
oh, i see what you mean. my bad

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
if the iPhone does happen to get the AT&T mobile feature, everyone will complain. heres why: it will be lagged, bad quality, and for most, probably not work and there will be an extremely limited amount of channels. if you want to come out with something this big on a phone, you want to make sure its of the highest quality. Apple and AT&T rushed the iPhone to 3G after everyone was complaining about EDGE and now everyone is complaining how bad 3G is. and as many have said, the video chat capability for the iPhone 3G that was rumored before it was announced was just too much to expect. if phones in the US come out with a video chat capability, it has to be just as golden as the phone capability or it will leave many people unhappy along with a significant drop in their stock, which is the last thing Apple wants.
also, japan has mobile tv and everyone is so amazed with their technology when actually, the features on their phones are so hard to use and administrate. for example, a japanese man said every time he comes to america, people are amazed with his phone. however, he complains that the tv feature is too lagged and he deems it as pointless. just saying.. if a company is going to release something big, it should be actually functional.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
if the iPhone does happen to get the AT&T mobile feature, everyone will complain. heres why: it will be lagged, bad quality, and for most, probably not work and there will be an extremely limited amount of channels. if you want to come out with something this big on a phone, you want to make sure its of the highest quality. Apple and AT&T rushed the iPhone to 3G after everyone was complaining about EDGE and now everyone is complaining how bad 3G is. and as many have said, the video chat capability for the iPhone 3G that was rumored before it was announced was just too much to expect. if phones in the US come out with a video chat capability, it has to be just as golden as the phone capability or it will leave many people unhappy along with a significant drop in their stock, which is the last thing Apple wants.
also, japan has mobile tv and everyone is so amazed with their technology when actually, the features on their phones are so hard to use and administrate. for example, a japanese man said every time he comes to america, people are amazed with his phone. however, he complains that the tv feature is too lagged and he deems it as pointless. just saying.. if a company is going to release something big, it should be actually functional.

actually there is a good selection of channels. discovery, espn, nbc, tlc, etc. and they would add more for special events, like the last golf major that tiger woods was in, they made like 4 special channels just for that tournament with live cams on certain holes, pretty cool. the problem was its very choppy and most of the time un-watchable.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
im happy with starplayer sirus coming to the iPhone. hopefully it'll have live sports radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saurabh

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
VA
Well does the iPhone have the "hardware" to be able to use the TV signals? Because my cousin has a Voyager, it has a special ant. that he has to pull out. The quality is great, much better than the iPhone's youtube on the 3G network. Than again, other feature would be nice, that 30 dollars would go towards somthing more than just Data.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I had the SlingPlayer on my BlackJack and it worked without any problems. I can't wait for the day that SlingPlayer is allowed to be featured in the iTunes App Store. I'd pay nearly anything for it.

dotcom

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
i do not believe the iPhone will ever have the same tv service that you are seeing advertised. my wife has the lg vu with mobile tv and it takes a separate antenna, separate service agreement, and is only available in certain areas. it was explained by the att rep that it uses separate towers and signal than the phone so it is not available everywhere. im guessing from this that it is a separate hardware that makes it possible.