AT&T Unity Plan w/ iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I thought the unity plan was something altogether different. I know that it includes having a certain plan on your home phone as well.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I thought the unity plan was something altogether different. I know that it includes having a certain plan on your home phone as well.
Yes. You must have an At&t land line to qualify for this service option. IF you have land line service through your cable provider it's not an option.

davpel

Jun 22, 2007
I will be a new AT&T subscriber come Friday (actually returning from years ago), porting my Verizon number over. I am already a Cingular/AT&T home phone customer. Does anyone have any idea whether I can sign up for a Unity plan with an extra $20/mo data for the iPhone, or whether, as a new AT&T wireless customer, I will be stuck with one of the three plans announced this morning? The reason I ask is that someone here mentioned in an earlier post about the $20 add-on for existing customers only.

Thanks.

David

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I will be a new AT&T subscriber come Friday (actually returning from years ago), porting my Verizon number over. I am already a Cingular/AT&T home phone customer. Does anyone have any idea whether I can sign up for a Unity plan with an extra $20/mo data for the iPhone, or whether, as a new AT&T wireless customer, I will be stuck with one of the three plans announced this morning? The reason I ask is that someone here mentioned in an earlier post about the $20 add-on for existing customers only.

Thanks.

David
it's the same price whether you're new or existing. It's just simpler to say it's just a $20 add on for existing customers.

You should be able to set up a Unity plan when you start your service. IF not you can always change it through customer care.

davpel

Jun 22, 2007
it's the same price whether you're new or existing. It's just simpler to say it's just a $20 add on for existing customers.

You should be able to set up a Unity plan when you start your service. IF not you can always change it through customer care.
Thanks! That's really great news. Combined with the low data cost announced today, this is really going to save me some $$ compared to how much I was paying as a VZW / AT&T home customer. It will make the loss of EVDO much more tolerable.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Thanks! That's really great news. Combined with the low data cost announced today, this is really going to save me some $$ compared to how much I was paying as a VZW / AT&T home customer. It will make the loss of EVDO much more tolerable.
Yep. The only thing they'll do is verify your home phone number as an At&t account. After that, you're golden.