AT&T unlimited data loss

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Pac73, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Pac73

Pac73 Member
    Bronze

After activating my phone, I checked my data plan and it says unlimited deactivated. Anyone else experience this?

2. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

Since I purchased two of my three iPhone 5s using two friends upgrades (I only had one upgrade of four on my AT&T account), I thought I'd better ensure they all activated properly and also make sure my packages were still in place (I've got three iPhones grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan and the fourth phone @ 3GB/mo).

After checking with AT&T this evening, all is still great with my packages.. No changes to report, on purpose or by accident..

3. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

Mine said the same I talked to a AT&T rep they said still got it but not listed or something due to LTE but not sure have you talked to anyone

4. Pac73

Pac73 Member
    Bronze

I called, and the rep said I still have unlimited but that it just doesn't show for some reason.

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

When I got my One x it was the same way. It should fix itself in days to come.

6. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

It's showing that you deactivated the old unlimited plan (for 3G) and switched to the new unlimited plan (for LTE).

I saw this when I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S. It's a little unsettling, but you still have your unlimited, it's just a different plan in their records, so they have to show when the old one was deactivated and the new one was activated.

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I've had that Unlimited data program since day 1. Just gave it up to have a shared plan with the wife since she is getting her first iPhone. I was shocked to see how little data I actually used so it's no big deal for me.

8. btitus

btitus Contributor
    Silver

When I had my 5 activated I was asked if I wanted to keep my unlimited data for my line. I said YES, of course! My son's line has 2gb but he has never even come close. When at home, we are both always on WiFi

9. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

It should show the new LTE data plan on top and the old 3G data plan on the bottom. Call *3282# from your phone to check current data info.

Attached Files:

10. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

I'm with AT&T as well, And I did not lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan after upgrading to the iPhone 5. I would give AT&T a call. I'd be pissed if I ever somehow lost my grandpa'd unlimited data plan or if I wasn't able to get it back. Call em. Let us know how it works out. G'luck