AT&T unlimited data loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pac73

Bronze
Sep 13, 2012
After activating my phone, I checked my data plan and it says unlimited deactivated. Anyone else experience this?

iPhoneFan10

Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Since I purchased two of my three iPhone 5s using two friends upgrades (I only had one upgrade of four on my AT&T account), I thought I'd better ensure they all activated properly and also make sure my packages were still in place (I've got three iPhones grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan and the fourth phone @ 3GB/mo).

After checking with AT&T this evening, all is still great with my packages.. No changes to report, on purpose or by accident..

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
Mine said the same I talked to a AT&T rep they said still got it but not listed or something due to LTE but not sure have you talked to anyone

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
It's showing that you deactivated the old unlimited plan (for 3G) and switched to the new unlimited plan (for LTE).

I saw this when I upgraded from the 4 to the 4S. It's a little unsettling, but you still have your unlimited, it's just a different plan in their records, so they have to show when the old one was deactivated and the new one was activated.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I've had that Unlimited data program since day 1. Just gave it up to have a shared plan with the wife since she is getting her first iPhone. I was shocked to see how little data I actually used so it's no big deal for me.

btitus

Contributor
Silver
Apr 7, 2009
North Carolina
When I had my 5 activated I was asked if I wanted to keep my unlimited data for my line. I said YES, of course! My son's line has 2gb but he has never even come close. When at home, we are both always on WiFi

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I'm with AT&T as well, And I did not lose my grandfathered unlimited data plan after upgrading to the iPhone 5. I would give AT&T a call. I'd be pissed if I ever somehow lost my grandpa'd unlimited data plan or if I wasn't able to get it back. Call em. Let us know how it works out. G'luck