AT&T unlimited plan - Did you get throttled?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imutter, Jul 19, 2012.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Looking at the new Shareplan and evaluating my options I found that son on unlimited
    NEVER got throttled. He always goes over 3GB. He used way over 6GB last month.
    He' got better speeds on his 4 then me on my 4s (how is that anyway?)
    I wonder if it is a glitch and once we get new phones it will stop ?

Some info from AT&T on unlimted data plans etc.
    http://www.att.com/esupport/datausage.jsp

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

That is really strange...never got a text or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

No I keep checking his phone and asking him. I wonder now if there is some kind a loophole or it just a glitch. I am not counting on having that luck with switching to 4g LTE. I am leaning towards the share plan at the moment.

4. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

I finally got throttled last month I've always gone over my 3 gigs but last month was the first time for me. The throttled speeds are super slow

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

5. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

I did two months ago! I got a text saying I may experience slower data speeds!

6. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

I seem to go over every month now myself, and I got a text 2 months ago. After that, I no longer get a text but am throttled to death every month.

wow I just looked. I used 4200 this past month.

7. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

8. rangers85

rangers85 New Member

I'm looking at doing the 6 GB shared with my wife. I typically go over to the throttle point but she doesn't. Plus it'll work out to about $20 cheaper than currently. May bump up to next level just to avoid potential overage. Especially with my company I work for getting a 18% discount on AT&T.

9. paintdude258

paintdude258 Member
    Bronze

I use my iPhone every day, all the time i feel like, but i have never been throttled. I am on wifi at school and home a lot, so could that be the reason that i am not getting throttled? Because i am not actually using 3G? I am definitely not looking forward to the day that i do receive that text message though. No Bueno!

10. Matt

Matt Member
    Bronze

I received a text message from AT&T last month saying I went over and I was going to be throttled. But it was close to the end of the month or my billing cycle and it reset. So I didn't notice any slower speeds. But that was the first time I received the text message.

11. rangers85

rangers85 New Member

I've now received the text two straight months. I'm planning to switch to the shared plan with my wife when AT&T releases them. Thankfully both were around the last day of my billing cycle but I've used my phone at work a lot less the last few months. Wish I could connect my phone to the corporate wifi.

12. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

they often do throttle your unlimited data plans once they see you are over doing it. sometimes it's just better to buy the data and your data speeds will always be running at tip top levels.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Absolutely not. AT&T offered unlimited plans. They should continue to honor them. I can't believe people just give in to a big corporation like that arbitrarily changing the meaning of the word unlimited because it's more convenient and a bigger moneymaker for them. I'll never go away quietly.

14. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

Absolutely... we should have a kiss your iPhone day outside of all the AT&T stores.

or we could file a class-action lawsuit... either way.

15. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

I am throttled every month after about 3-5 days into my billing cycle.

16. DCronkhite

DCronkhite Member
    Bronze

I signed up for the Unlimited Data plan. I didn't sign up for the "Unlimited Data Unless We Feel You're Using Too Much" plan. AT&T should be raked over the coals for throttling people on unlimited plans, but too many people either don't know how to go about fighting their case, or just don't care.

17. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

I'm being throttled right now. It seems that lately I'm going through my 3 gigs faster than I've ever been. Before I've never gone over 2 gigs a month and nothing I do has changed and now I'm getting throttled everything month since May

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

18. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

you do have the "Unlimited Data plan" we/att never gave you a guarantee as far as how fast it was going to be lol...

19. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

AT&T is not the only unlimited plan with limitations LOL
    T-Mobil calls their plans unlimited but when you look closer there is a cap
    Web
    Unlimited*
    *First 100MB at up to 4G speeds

20. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I get throttled every month for about 4-5 days and I absolutely love the crawling speed, it makes me go down memory lane into the first days of the iPhone. Who doesn't want that?!