AT&T & Unlocked iPhone - Voicemail?

May 30, 2008
I am using an unlocked iPhone with my companies AT&T account. This acct is not supposed to support an iPhone, but i took the SIM out of my Blackberry and put it into my iPhone.

Everything works flawlessly.. EXCEPT... Voicemail

When i try to dial VM using the VM btn. Nothing happens. is there a setting i need to change? A hack/mod i should know about?

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
The iPhone voicemail uses a different voicemail system. You can probably call AT&T and get them to activate it.

May 30, 2008
I thought about that, but than won't they want my company to pay for an iPhone acct? as as AT&T and my company knows, i am using a BB. of course my local IT guy knows i swapped SIMs.

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
That's true. They might want to force you to get an iPhone account. I guess it's up to your company now. You can still use the normal voicemail . I would goto to Settings - > General - > Reset and reset the phone setting. I just sold my iPhone so I don't remember where the buttons are.

May 30, 2008
btw. i used this phone unlocked on T-Mobile and VM worked.

and i don't neccessarily care about the Visual Voicemail feature, i just want VM.

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
Just reset your phone setting then . Your voicemail will work then. What I usually do is I'll reset the setting and then wait for a minute or two and click on my voicemail and wait for it to call voicemail.

May 30, 2008
so odd. i reset Networ Settings, and no change. the VN btm "highlights" and does nothing.

May 30, 2008
That's true. They might want to force you to get an iPhone account. I guess it's up to your company now. You can still use the normal voicemail . I would goto to Settings - > General - > Reset and reset the phone setting. I just sold my iPhone so I don't remember where the buttons are.

sold your iPhone! BLASPHEMY!

andrew79

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
Lol I'm waiting for iPhone 2 . There's no reason to own two...

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I thought about that, but than won't they want my company to pay for an iPhone acct? as as AT&T and my company knows, i am using a BB. of course my local IT guy knows i swapped SIMs.
They know you're using an iPhone. If you're able to check online, itll show you're using an iPhone and not a BlackBerry even though you're on an BB plan.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
you might have to activate the att voicemail....meaning call att....they know your using an iPhone....