AT&T upgrade date

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
I purchased iPhone 4s last year did that txt message for upgrade look up and it said i won't be able to get full discount till 2013 sometime

Any news on that?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Apr 4, 2012
You can lobby a supervisor to wave the early upgrade penalty. I did that last year to buy my iPhone 4S only a year into my old contract. You need to request a supervisor to accomplish this. But rather than do that, pay the $215 contract buyout, buy a new UNLOCKED AT&T iPhone 5 and switch to http://ConsumerCellular.com service for a fraction of what you pay AT&T while continuing to use their network. ;)

64GB GSM iPad 3 using iCafe app, 64GB GSM iPhone 4S, Nano, 3.2GHz 32GB early 08 Mac Pro with OCZ 512GB Agility 4 Mountain Lion System SSD

Sep 15, 2010
Missouri
I did the upgrade date thing and it was correct. You should know when your contract is up, if you just purchased the phone last year and signed a new 2 year contract then it is a no brainer. I personally have had the worst reception and dropped calls with AT&T than I ever had with Sprint (Kansas City Area). I am looking at either going back to Sprint or leaning towards Verizon.

(L)

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Arizona
I checked my upgrade status back in December and it said I was due for an upgrade in August. Now when I check it it says I have to wait until May 2013.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
well how is this, I gave my son my iPhone4 bought on the iPhone4 launch and i get he is only available for a discount upgrade, full upgrade is available Oct5. WTF, the phone is off the 2yr contract?

Maybe I should defer ATT and go back to Sprint. I hate Verizon CS, they really suck.

Ha, Apple your sales wont be as good without us early upgraders and it looks like AT&T will not allow early upgrades. Too bad.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
My daughter has a standard voice/texting phone and I am looking at upgrading her to an iPhone 4S, but I just checked her availability and it is showing Feb 2013 which puts her line out to 18 months for upgrade availability. Doesn't AT&T allow upgrades after 12 months into a 2 year contract, if not that is a rip for a cheap POS phone. I have another line eligible the 24th of October, so that will have to work if her line can't be upgraded.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
i am also wondering as I have been able to upgrade at the full upgrade price since the 3G...but now since getting the 4S i am not eligible until 5/2013...wonder if AT&T will change that...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
well how is this, I gave my son my iPhone4 bought on the iPhone4 launch and i get he is only available for a discount upgrade, full upgrade is available Oct5. WTF, the phone is off the 2yr contract?

Maybe I should defer ATT and go back to Sprint. I hate Verizon CS, they really suck.

Ha, Apple your sales wont be as good without us early upgraders and it looks like AT&T will not allow early upgrades. Too bad.
The phone itself might be off contract, but what about his phone line? If he's on a phone line that used an upgrade a year or two ago, that's where the upgrade eligibility date starts from.

Disneymom2003

Bronze
Aug 2, 2012
I bought my 4 in April of last year. I did the *new# and it said I was not eligible right now but might qualify on 11/3. Not sure if that is a full discount or partial. Any thoughts?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
i am also wondering as I have been able to upgrade at the full upgrade price since the 3G...but now since getting the 4S i am not eligible until 5/2013...wonder if AT&T will change that...
AT&T pulled that crap last year, remember? Then like a week or so after the 4S release they allowed early upgrades.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Mod Note: This post isn't SPAM please stop reporting it.

You can lobby a supervisor to wave the early upgrade penalty. I did that last year to buy my iPhone 4S only a year into my old contract. You need to request a supervisor to accomplish this. But rather than do that, pay the $215 contract buyout, buy a new UNLOCKED AT&T iPhone 5 and switch to http://ConsumerCellular.com service for a fraction of what you pay AT&T while continuing to use their network. ;)

64GB GSM iPad 3 using iCafe app, 64GB GSM iPhone 4S, Nano, 3.2GHz 32GB early 08 Mac Pro with OCZ 512GB Agility 4 Mountain Lion System SSD