AT&T upgrade date

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by jareknyc, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

I purchased iPhone 4s last year did that txt message for upgrade look up and it said i won't be able to get full discount till 2013 sometime

Any news on that?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

2. wparisi

wparisi Member
    Bronze

Same with me, May 2013. If AT&T doesn't change it, then I will wait for the one coming out after this coming one. (Edited 09/11/12)

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

You mean the "next next iPhone" right? :)

4. wparisi

wparisi Member
    Bronze

5. FutureMedia

FutureMedia New Member

You can lobby a supervisor to wave the early upgrade penalty. I did that last year to buy my iPhone 4S only a year into my old contract. You need to request a supervisor to accomplish this. But rather than do that, pay the $215 contract buyout, buy a new UNLOCKED AT&T iPhone 5 and switch to http://ConsumerCellular.com service for a fraction of what you pay AT&T while continuing to use their network. ;)

64GB GSM iPad 3 using iCafe app, 64GB GSM iPhone 4S, Nano, 3.2GHz 32GB early 08 Mac Pro with OCZ 512GB Agility 4 Mountain Lion System SSD

6. Bass_Fishing1

Bass_Fishing1 New Member

I did the upgrade date thing and it was correct. You should know when your contract is up, if you just purchased the phone last year and signed a new 2 year contract then it is a no brainer. I personally have had the worst reception and dropped calls with AT&T than I ever had with Sprint (Kansas City Area). I am looking at either going back to Sprint or leaning towards Verizon.

7. (L)

(L) Contributor
    Bronze

I checked my upgrade status back in December and it said I was due for an upgrade in August. Now when I check it it says I have to wait until May 2013.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe

8. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

well how is this, I gave my son my iPhone4 bought on the iPhone4 launch and i get he is only available for a discount upgrade, full upgrade is available Oct5. WTF, the phone is off the 2yr contract?

Maybe I should defer ATT and go back to Sprint. I hate Verizon CS, they really suck.

Ha, Apple your sales wont be as good without us early upgraders and it looks like AT&T will not allow early upgrades. Too bad.

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

My daughter has a standard voice/texting phone and I am looking at upgrading her to an iPhone 4S, but I just checked her availability and it is showing Feb 2013 which puts her line out to 18 months for upgrade availability. Doesn't AT&T allow upgrades after 12 months into a 2 year contract, if not that is a rip for a cheap POS phone. I have another line eligible the 24th of October, so that will have to work if her line can't be upgraded.

10. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

i am also wondering as I have been able to upgrade at the full upgrade price since the 3G...but now since getting the 4S i am not eligible until 5/2013...wonder if AT&T will change that...

11. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

The phone itself might be off contract, but what about his phone line? If he's on a phone line that used an upgrade a year or two ago, that's where the upgrade eligibility date starts from.

12. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member
    Bronze

I bought my 4 in April of last year. I did the *new# and it said I was not eligible right now but might qualify on 11/3. Not sure if that is a full discount or partial. Any thoughts?

13. Yankeem0mo33

Yankeem0mo33 Member
    Bronze

I gotta wait until May 2013. Sucks! Unless I'm willing to pay close to 500 bones.

14. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

AT&T pulled that crap last year, remember? Then like a week or so after the 4S release they allowed early upgrades.

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Mod Note: This post isn't SPAM please stop reporting it.

16. imotionb18

imotionb18 Member
    Bronze

Hope it works out for you guys. I've got three lines on my account, so i always have at least one upgrade I can use

17. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

It's weird

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

18. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Just checked mine...

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Zanthe Excellent News! I wish I was so lucky! I have to pay an additional $250 on top of the Commitment price. However, I'm getting around that. :sneaky: