AT&T users with working Swirly

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
I am wondering if you are using the original Apple sim card or are you using sim from another phone. im thinking there is something on the sim card itself and not in my account thats blocking my mms.

Last edited by a moderator:

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
ATT is blocking it on their end, which means no matter what you do it won't work on their network. People who have it working have MMS on their plan after arranging it with ATT (as a different phone), are on unlocked phones or are on a different network other than ATT.

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
att says its not their fault

I have mms on my family plan. if i take my sim out and put it in my old phone
(razr) the tech said it should work - but it doesn't. he seems to think it is because Apple blocked that feature on the sim when they put it in the iPhone. I know its not the phone because i can take the sim from my wifes and daughters phone and put it in the razr and it works fine.
Thats why i want to know if someone who has att and has Swirly working can confirm this theory or not. thanks

morth58

Bronze
Mar 17, 2008
i guess there are no att customers using swirly

i thought i may be be on to something but if no one wants to help ill take my idea to another forum
c ya

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
i thought i may be be on to something but if no one wants to help ill take my idea to another forum
c ya
I have been trying for a week to get it to work. No setting I try seems to matter. I do have it enabled on my account with AT&T. But it does not seem to matter.

I think AT&T should lighten up on this and help us out. I'd like to be able to send pictures messages to another phone instead of a email.

kunfuzious

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Boulder
I have been trying for a week to get it to work. No setting I try seems to matter. I do have it enabled on my account with AT&T. But it does not seem to matter.

I think AT&T should lighten up on this and help us out. I'd like to be able to send pictures messages to another phone instead of a email.
Agreed. Sending and receiving via email is a pain in the ass. I tried talking to AT&T today, and they said I would need to call in every time I wanted to "switch" to a phone that had MMS capabilities. What a pain, especially since I don't really have another phone:laugh2: