AT&T Video Share Program won't support iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cs007

Jun 19, 2007
Interesting announcement by ATT today about their new video share service that allows live streaming of video from one phone to another on the AT&T network. Problem is it won't work on iPhone, since A) iPhone doesn't have a video camera just a 2mp still and B) It only runs on their 3G network which again the iPhone does not support.

Seems like Steve-o would have gagged AT&T and had them wait until after the 29th to launch this service. With all the reporters blogging negative nancy reviews practically every hour now, it only adds fuel to their fire.

Not that i care. It costs $5 a month just to stream 30 minutes. I have razr and currently use the video option about 6 times a year...and that's only for music concerts or comedy shows featuring Michael Richards... ;)

Jun 18, 2007
Interesting announcement by ATT today about their new video share service that allows live streaming of video from one phone to another on the AT&T network. Problem is it won't work on iPhone, since A) iPhone doesn't have a video camera just a 2mp still and B) It only runs on their 3G network which again the iPhone does not support.

Seems like Steve-o would have gagged AT&T and had them wait until after the 29th to launch this service. With all the reporters blogging negative nancy reviews practically every hour now, it only adds fuel to their fire.

Not that i care. It costs $5 a month just to stream 30 minutes. I have razr and currently use the video option about 6 times a year...and that's only for music concerts or comedy shows featuring Michael Richards... ;)
I bet this will be another one of the great updated options available on the fanticized 2nd gen iPhone.

gt1948

Bronze
Jan 30, 2007
Memphis
could it be....

What was mention in another forum will be available?

"As far as the video...

I'll leave you with a tickle of excitment before heading out to go bowling.

how would you feel if I told you there might be a hint of streaming video in the future of certain capable smart phones?

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions and concerns.
I will be with this site from here out to answer as much as I can.
STAY EXCITED!

On with the bowling!
-=kolizion=-"

cs007

Jun 19, 2007
Sorry about the left out info but here's the link to the article that inspired my post:

http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/4510

I think its a very valid point especially after i read another post suggesting perhaps the battery life and screen material WASN'T an upgrade afterall. Its a clever attempt to bait and switch before the product is even out, and the magic is...its the same product!

Perhaps the reason no rate plans have been introduced is because Apple's gonna pull the old ONE LAST THING maneuver in something other than a keynote address:

"iPhone supports 3G. I know... its cool. In fact its also 10,000 times smaller than the iPhone we previewed in January... you ever wonder what your pancreas right here is for?"