AT&T vs. Apple Store

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 24, 2007
The mall near me has an Apple store and a small AT&T store. I was going to take Steve's advice to Arianna Huffington and go AT&T, but now...

The AT&T store is buried in the mall, and it is tiny. I can't imagine it will have nearly the line of the gleaming Apple store upstairs. But everytime I pass by the AT&T store, there's just one completely confused looking employee in there. I'm worried that the longer Apple store line will move fast (plus be infused with that magic Apple feeling), while the AT&T guy (or guys/gals) will give slow, mistake-filled service on the few iPhones they have in stock.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here faced with this choice. What are you guys gonna do?

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
The mall near me has an Apple store and a small AT&T store. I was going to take Steve's advice to Arianna Huffington and go AT&T, but now...

The AT&T store is buried in the mall, and it is tiny. I can't imagine it will have nearly the line of the gleaming Apple store upstairs. But everytime I pass by the AT&T store, there's just one completely confused looking employee in there. I'm worried that the longer Apple store line will move fast (plus be infused with that magic Apple feeling), while the AT&T guy (or guys/gals) will give slow, mistake-filled service on the few iPhones they have in stock.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here faced with this choice. What are you guys gonna do?
I was thinking about going to AT&T, but I like the magic Apple feeling.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I have to say AT&T. Never been to Apple and have 1 maybe 2 Apple Stores here (DFW). I'll feel AT&T has taken care of me for years and never had a problem. All Apple can do is sale me a phone. AT&T takes care of the rest.

Jun 24, 2007
Most AT&T stores in malls are "authorized retailers" and will not carry the iPhones like the AT&T corporate stores (labeled just "CINGULAR WIRELESS" below).

The best way to find out is AT&T's website.
This is a legit AT&T-owned store. It's buried underneath the stairway to the food court - the worst location in the mall, very hard to find. And it is tiny.

But it will be getting iPhones on Friday.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
While I love Apple and love the Apple store I have a nervous breakdown just thinking of being in that place on iDay. I'll be at my local At&t store getting mine. Hopefully it won't be so maddening. I'll probably head to Apple first thing in the a.m. on Sat. to buy accessories.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
While I love Apple and love the Apple store I have a nervous breakdown just thinking of being in that place on iDay. I'll be at my local At&t store getting mine. Hopefully it won't be so maddening. I'll probably head to Apple first thing in the a.m. on Sat. to buy accessories.
I am doing the same thing only after I buy the phone at 6:01 I will head directly to the Apple store to buy accessories that same night.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I'm going to the Apple store. I just don't trust AT&T reps to sell me the phone without giving some BS about my current contract.