AT&T Website Account Info Question Part 2

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
After posting my first question here, about working at a large retail store and having a discount applied to my account (even though my account wasn't affliated with my workplace until only 3 years ago after I had it for a while)...

I called AT&T and spoke with someone about it. Yes, the 30% off equipment thing is what it says, BUT does not apply to the iPhone. Okay. fine. :)

But what did get me is I specifically asked if having that discount on my account would make me not be able to get an iPhone.. She said yes. For whatever reason, as long as I had that discount applied to my account I could not get the iPhone, even at retail price.

Well of course I told her to take it off, lol. And she did. Everything is okay now, except she said I would never be able to apply for that discount again. Basically it boiled down to a choice of being able to get 30% off equipment (and future iPhones) later and not having an iPhone next week, or taking it off just to pay full price next week.

I'm sure my decision in the long run won't be a good one, but I really don't want anything between me and my iPhone at this point.

So anyways.. even if you are not on a "Corporate Account".. if you have any discounts applied to your account from where you work.. I would at least call and check if that is going to prevent you from getting our prize next week... :laugh2:

Last edited by a moderator:

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
After posting my first question here, about working at a large retail store and having a discount applied to my account (even though my account wasn't affliated with my workplace until only 3 years ago after I had it for a while)...

I called AT&T and spoke with someone about it. Yes, the 30% off equipment thing is what it says, BUT does not apply to the iPhone. Okay. fine. :)

But what did get me is I specifically asked if having that discount on my account would make me not be able to get an iPhone.. She said yes. For whatever reason, as long as I had that discount applied to my account I could not get the iPhone, even at retail price.

Well of course I told her to take it off, lol. And she did. Everything is okay now, except she said I would never be able to apply for that discount again. Basically it boiled down to a choice of being able to get 30% off equipment (and future iPhones) later and not having an iPhone next week, or taking it off just to pay full price next week.

I'm sure my decision in the long run won't be a good one, but I really don't want anything between me and my iPhone at this point.

So anyways.. even if you are not on a "Corporate Account".. if you have any discounts applied to your account from where you work.. I would at least call and check if that is going to prevent you from getting our prize next week... :laugh2:

This sounds ridiculous, but oh-so-typical for Cingular / AT&T.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
This sounds ridiculous, but oh-so-typical for Cingular / AT&T.

I completely agree. I don't have a 'corporate phone'; I'm not asking for a discount on the iPhone. I signed the account by myself, I pay the bill, I'm not on a family plan or anything.. just me.

But for me to take off a service that doesn't even apply to the iPhone? yes. Ridiculous.

But it is just a small price to pay I guess...

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
You jumped the gun imo. I would have waltzed into AT&T oblivious about the discount.... if they said you couldn't get it, then adjust your account at point of purchase. The rep might as well have been wrong about this... and now they've just screwed you out of future discounts.

There's still a lot of uncertainty and clouds of doubt surrounding this device. In the long run, you won't care about getting the iPhone 2 minutes/hours/days ahead of everyone else...