AT&T won't unlock my iPhone

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
How are you unlocking them? The one I did is actually "official" through iTunes when all is said and done, and more importantly- permanent.

Sent using iCafe app
Ditto, used SAMPrefs to deactivate, hook up to iTunes, and "Congratulations, your iPhone is unlocked!".

EDIT: Sorry, my last post might be misleading, I was HELPING a friend unlock them via Chronic Unlocks, I don't do them myself.

Oct 25, 2013
Twinsburg, Ohio
Ok so I called AT&T yesterday and had them unlock my 3GS waited 4 hours tried restoring like 20 times got nothing called back they assured me it was unlocked called Apple although they were reluctant to talk I got them to try to help last night and again today but still again nothing they even three way called AT&T because the request did not go though finally Apple got the request but I still have not gotten it what do I do?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok so I called AT&T yesterday and had them unlock my 3GS waited 4 hours tried restoring like 20 times got nothing called back they assured me it was unlocked called Apple although they were reluctant to talk I got them to try to help last night and again today but still again nothing they even three way called AT&T because the request did not go though finally Apple got the request but I still have not gotten it what do I do?
It can take a couple days to go through if you have AT&T unlock it. I prefer to just buy them on eBay since it's faster and easier. My 4S and 5 unlocks were about $5 each on eBay.

How are you checking to see if it's unlocked? IMEI unlock verification website, testing it with a SIM from another carrier or restoring to see if you get the "congratulations, your phone is unlocked" message in iTunes?

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Will unlock_fusion unlock a new 5S? I heard they changed the laws or something. If I pay the money via ebay, can (will) it be done?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Will unlock_fusion unlock a new 5S? I heard they changed the laws or something. If I pay the money via ebay, can (will) it be done?
As far as I'm aware it's still illegal for them to unlock U.S. phones purchased after January 26th 2013.

AT&T will unlock it for you if you're eligible. Since it's a 5s you would either have had to pay full price for it or bought a different phone after the 5s at full price to be eligible right now.

Nov 12, 2014
Yes.. It happens in many cases.. It is the instruction from AT&T to terminate your iPhone contract if you have newly purchased your iPhone. Otherwise, there will be a minimum gap of 2 years.

Kratos

Sep 20, 2016
It seems that the AT&T USA CLEAN unlocks are no longer very successful. It has to do something with AT&T USA unlock policies.

Can anyone verify it or I Was just extremely unlucky?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It seems that the AT&T USA CLEAN unlocks are no longer very successful. It has to do something with AT&T USA unlock policies.

Can anyone verify it or I Was just extremely unlucky?
AT&T unlocks are super easy to get if the phone is paid off or out of contract. They unlocked my 6s within an hour of request (I had paid it off recently). Now if the phone isn't paid off, yeah, you were kind of lucky. Though I was able to get them to do that as well once as well.

Kratos

Sep 20, 2016
Hey Europa, Thanks for the reply.

Did you make the AT&T USA unlock recently?

I work with a specific supplier for the AT&T USA CLEAN unlock service, and for the past many years, the AT&T USA CLEAN service was working normally.

For the past 3 weeks, almost ALL CLEAN AT&T USA unlock orders are being rejected, with ridiculous reasons, such as FRAUD or BLACKLISTED. Before telling me that they must be not CLEAN, I checked them with multiple blacklist check services and all the IMEI numbers were CLEAN.

Also, I trust this supplier, because we are working for many many years together, and he informed me that AT&T USA upgraded their policies, and not only a 5%-10% of the CLEAN AT&T devices are being unlocked.

Any feedback on that?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hey Europa, Thanks for the reply.

Did you make the AT&T USA unlock recently?

I work with a specific supplier for the AT&T USA CLEAN unlock service, and for the past many years, the AT&T USA CLEAN service was working normally.

For the past 3 weeks, almost ALL CLEAN AT&T USA unlock orders are being rejected, with ridiculous reasons, such as FRAUD or BLACKLISTED. Before telling me that they must be not CLEAN, I checked them with multiple blacklist check services and all the IMEI numbers were CLEAN.

Also, I trust this supplier, because we are working for many many years together, and he informed me that AT&T USA upgraded their policies, and not only a 5%-10% of the CLEAN AT&T devices are being unlocked.

Any feedback on that?
It was about three weeks ago. I got AT&T to unlock it. I can't comment on unofficial unlocks. I used them a few years ago and they worked fine, but I've been going through AT&T since them.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I actually had a very favorable experience with AT&T Unlocking my Golden iPhone 6 Plus last winter. I was going to be travelling to two different remote parts of Alaska over a 3 week period and neither of these small, remote communities had AT&T Service. A different local carrier, GCI, did offer cell service in both of these communities. I paid my next contract off with AT&T and got them to unlick my phone for me. I was then able to take it to GCI, port my number over, and have access while I was out in these villages.

Once I was back home and did not have any immediate plans to wander into the Alaskan wilderness again, I switched back over to AT&T. Both switchovers were easy peasy!!