AT&T?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 12, 2007
i called AT&T just asking about plans and the lady asked for my area code i told her and she said that AT&T doesn't have service here.i know 4 people that live here and have phones with AT&T but we don't hav an att store here.i asked her if i would still be able to buy an iPhone and activate it and she said i can activate it but within 6 months they would cancel my service!:mad:?

Busaholic

Oct 4, 2007
i called AT&T just asking about plans and the lady asked for my area code i told her and she said that AT&T doesn't have service here.i know 4 people that live here and have phones with AT&T but we don't hav an att store here.i asked her if i would still be able to buy an iPhone and activate it and she said i can activate it but within 6 months they would cancel my service!:mad:?
That doesn't sound right at all. I would call again and if you get the same response, talk to their manager.

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
What area do you live in?

I would definitely call back again and see what they say. If it really is an area that doesn't have coverage, you may want to think twice about it. You could use a different address and see if that changes things. If you know others who have service in your area, it probably won't be an issue, but make sure you know what you may be getting into before you commit.

Sep 12, 2007
i called back and got the same answer i told them there is an AT&T store within 30 mile of my house and he said ya but are you going be on the phone primarily where you live or in the town where the store is and of course i said well around my house he said then you will probably still get cancelled!i guess im still gonna buy an iPhone and we will see what happens :(

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
i called back and got the same answer i told them there is an AT&T store within 30 mile of my house and he said ya but are you going be on the phone primarily where you live or in the town where the store is and of course i said well around my house he said then you will probably still get cancelled!i guess im still gonna buy an iPhone and we will see what happens :(
I remember having a similar conversation with AT&T several years ago about my cell service. I don't recall the reason, but the subject was where would I be using the phone. I think it was something like if I didn't use the phone in AT&T territory for X months, they'd cancel my service. Not sure about this, but I thought the criterion was as long as I were to use the phone sometimes in AT&T they'd keep me as a subscriber.

Oh well, just another reason to thank Steve. Think differently.

raoser

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
=====================================================

If you have a store 30 miles away, it seems weird the service wouldn't work in your area but I guess it just depends on the tower locations. Can you borrow one of your friends phones and see if it roams at your house? If it does, just stay under the roaming limit and you should be fine. This would also help you anticipate if you are going to get a signal.

Let us know what happens.