Atlanta Ga, Camp-out?

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
I'll be on vacation in Atlanta, that weekend, and plan on getting the iPhone, i already checked with goggle, two Apple stores in the area where I'm staying at. Anyone else from Atlanta camping out? I would like company but if I'm the only one on line I would be very happy:laugh2:

jphawkins

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
Cartersville, GA
I live in Cartersville. There are two AT&T stores here so I'll probably go to those.

I camped out for the PS3 at the Target in Cartersville. Met some nice people there, but I'd prefer to be on my own for this one ;)

Camping at an Apple store will probably not be as good of an idea as AT&T. Most likely more people and I wonder if you can activate it at the Apple Store.

Let me know where you plan on camping..I may make the 45 minute trip down.

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
I live in Cartersville. There are two AT&T stores here so I'll probably go to those.

I camped out for the PS3 at the Target in Cartersville. Met some nice people there, but I'd prefer to be on my own for this one ;)

Camping at an Apple store will probably not be as good of an idea as AT&T. Most likely more people and I wonder if you can activate it at the Apple Store.

Let me know where you plan on camping..I may make the 45 minute trip down.
Since I not from there could you let me know where the closest At&T store is to Six Flags?

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
Cartersville is to the northwest of Atlanta..close to Rome. Six Flags is actually further from Cartersville than Atlanta. I don't really know where the closest AT&T store would be. We could camp in Marietta?
how far is Marietta, and what time do you think we would have to be there, I'm leaving Orlando around 3pm on thursday.

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I live near Six Flags-

Seeing as how it looks as if 6pm is official will there be a need to camp out (at least not overnight). I live near Six Flags-there are several ATT stores within 10 miles or so. The nearest Apple store is at Perimeter Mall which is about 20 minutes away. I think the best bet would be an ATT store-I'm game to meet up if you want.

Jun 20, 2007
Seeing as how it looks as if 6pm is official will there be a need to camp out (at least not overnight). I live near Six Flags-there are several ATT stores within 10 miles or so. The nearest Apple store is at Perimeter Mall which is about 20 minutes away. I think the best bet would be an ATT store-I'm game to meet up if you want.
Hey guys,
I am in the Marietta/Kennesaw area. Not sure if I'm camping yet or not. If I do, I will definitely be at the AT&T store on Barrett Pkwy.
One word of advice. Visit the store you plan on camping at first and make sure they are a CORPORATE STORE. The "agent stores" say "authorized agent" as you walk in the door. They will NOT be receiving iPhones on the 29th. I walked into what I thought was going to be my "camping" store, and turns out, they're not getting any on the 29th!

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
My plan was to drop off my family at six flags first thing friday morning and head either to the mall or the AT&T store, and hang out till release time. what do you think?

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
My plan was to drop off my family at six flags first thing friday morning and head either to the mall or the AT&T store, and hang out till release time. what do you think?
Sounds good to me. Mall stores open at 10 and I think ATT store opens at 9. There is an ATT store about 10-15 min away from Six Flags-we can meet there and go from there. Sound like a plan?

matyb2233

Jun 24, 2007
I'll be on vacation in Atlanta, that weekend, and plan on getting the iPhone, i already checked with goggle, two Apple stores in the area where I'm staying at. Anyone else from Atlanta camping out? I would like company but if I'm the only one on line I would be very happy:laugh2:
Hey, I have been doing some serious research and i hear larger cingualr stores are expecting up to 300 phones. So i will MOST DEF be camping out at cingualr store at peachtree battle or mabey Apple store in lenox but how can u camp at the mall? so that may be a good bet to go to a mall At 5 am.... I think anyone else planning on anything like this. I am pumped for the iPhone

Jun 24, 2007
Apple Store at North Point Mall

I can't imagine being in the blazing sun until 6pm, so I'm thinking of going to the Apple Store at Northpoint Mall.

Who wants to meet up there? How could I camp out at the mall? There's so many entrances. Man... I know there is a way to enter early if you are an employee... there's usually some side door you can enter ...

Any advice or opinions? Anyone want to join me in hitting up the Apple Store at Northpoint?

I was thinking of getting there 1 hour before the mall opens and just waiting there until 6pm...

Let me know what you think

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I think we will have better luck at an ATT store. Think about how many people will get to the three APPLE stores in ATL? I am going to go to the ATT store at Camp Creek (close to the airport) Not sure what time though. Send me a pm with your cell number and we can coordinate or at least keep track of each other's progress on Friday!

Jun 25, 2007
wow- I guess I did not think I would need to "camp out"

I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and only CORPORATE stores will have iPhones. And some of those wil not have them for release on Friday. So I am going to stick with the Apple store and since I am already an AT&T customer
I'll be able to put my sim card in and go.

Do you think it is really goining to necessary to "camp out"?

:laugh2:There is a Corporate AT&T store near the Mall of GA (Buford, GA) I have just called them and they are closing the store at 4pm and will reopen at 6pm to begin sales! They will have a limited number of phones available (obviously) I think I may go there in the morning on Friday. The guy says they have not released whether or not there will be a discount with a 2-year contract or not...:)

good luck

Jun 25, 2007
ATT Store Mall of Georgia Blvd

I went to your survey-- the store I plan on going to was not on your list.

North Gwinnett area--- Lawrenceville, Dacula, Buford

1905 Mall of Ga Blvd
Buford GA 30519