Atlanta Ga, Camp-out?

JDS

Jun 17, 2007
I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and only CORPORATE stores will have iPhones. And some of those wil not have them for release on Friday. So I am going to stick with the Apple store and since I am already an AT&T customer
I'll be able to put my sim card in and go.

Do you think it is really goining to necessary to "camp out"?

:laugh2:There is a Corporate AT&T store near the Mall of GA (Buford, GA) I have just called them and they are closing the store at 4pm and will reopen at 6pm to begin sales! They will have a limited number of phones available (obviously) I think I may go there in the morning on Friday. The guy says they have not released whether or not there will be a discount with a 2-year contract or not...:)

good luck
you wont be able to use your sim card it comes with a custon sim card preinstalled. your gonna have to call AT&T from the phone and set it up.

kimbracrowe@mac.com

Jun 25, 2007
okay

The Apple store guys was the one that told me that-- i'll research the Apple website-- they have the "getting ready tips" - i have not read them yet.

I'm going to go to the At&t store that is closest to me and not in a Mall. I called them and the will have them....

matyb2233

Jun 24, 2007
I'll be on vacation in Atlanta, that weekend, and plan on getting the iPhone, i already checked with goggle, two Apple stores in the area where I'm staying at. Anyone else from Atlanta camping out? I would like company but if I'm the only one on line I would be very happy:laugh2:
Hey, where are you thinking about going. If the phones start running out i recommend a store out near the airport pretty poor area. but i am thinking not may people can afford it there. Does anyone have any concrete plans on where they are going to be. I will be at The cingular store right next to the mall at lenox...... Not many people will be there i assure you cause the Apple store is no more than 300 meters away.......... Is anyone gunna try and get there hands on more than 1 iPhone..... Cause i would be willing to try and save one for a hard core iPhone fan too.

matyb2233

Jun 24, 2007
I'll be on vacation in Atlanta, that weekend, and plan on getting the iPhone, i already checked with goggle, two Apple stores in the area where I'm staying at. Anyone else from Atlanta camping out? I would like company but if I'm the only one on line I would be very happy:laugh2:
So other than beer what else are you guys going to be bringing? I am bringing a keg but thats about it.................

iPhonePro07

Jun 20, 2007
I spoke with an AT&T rep yesterday and only CORPORATE stores will have iPhones. And some of those wil not have them for release on Friday. So I am going to stick with the Apple store and since I am already an AT&T customer
I'll be able to put my sim card in and go.

Do you think it is really goining to necessary to "camp out"?

:laugh2:There is a Corporate AT&T store near the Mall of GA (Buford, GA) I have just called them and they are closing the store at 4pm and will reopen at 6pm to begin sales! They will have a limited number of phones available (obviously) I think I may go there in the morning on Friday. The guy says they have not released whether or not there will be a discount with a 2-year contract or not...:)

good luck
HEy guys,
So heres the deal. Make sure your AT&T store is a corporate store! ALL corporate stores will be receiving phones on the 29th. They have no idea how many, but my local store has their display set up to have 3 display phones. My sales rep tells me there will be NO DISCOUNTS to ANYONE. If the CEO of AT&T walked in they would have to sell it to him at full price (as he put it).

I would not try the store next to Lenox. That is one of the busiest AT&T stores in GA. Don't assume anything.

The Mall of GA (Buford) store would be a great idea. That area is not as busy as downtown.

I will be in Kennesaw (Barrett Pkwy, next to Barnes & Nobles). I won't be camping overnight, but I'll be there in the AM!

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
Hey, where are you thinking about going. If the phones start running out i recommend a store out near the airport pretty poor area. but i am thinking not may people can afford it there. Does anyone have any concrete plans on where they are going to be. I will be at The cingular store right next to the mall at lenox...... Not many people will be there i assure you cause the Apple store is no more than 300 meters away.......... Is anyone gunna try and get there hands on more than 1 iPhone..... Cause i would be willing to try and save one for a hard core iPhone fan too.
I don't have any concrete plans yet I will be getting into Atlanta, thursday evening about 10pm; I already have another member's phone number and will be giving him a call, if you send me your number I will call you when I get into town, i don't think we need to camp out thursday night but I'm prepared to get in line at about 7am, what do you think?

johnbeloved

Jun 24, 2007
I don't have any concrete plans yet I will be getting into Atlanta, thursday evening about 10pm; I already have another member's phone number and will be giving him a call, if you send me your number I will call you when I get into town, i don't think we need to camp out thursday night but I'm prepared to get in line at about 7am, what do you think?

I definitely agree... camping out thurs night is not necessary ... 7am to 6pm is 13 hours... for the PS3 I stayed up from 12midnight the night before until 8 in the morning..only 8 hours and I was first in line... 13 hours should be PLENTY... and due to the difficulty with malls and camping (I called northpoint and security told me they wouldn't allow lining up.. the mall opens up at 10am)... ATT store is probably the safest bet

matyb2233

Jun 24, 2007
Sounds good. Alright guys i say we devise some kind of plan to get our hands on this iPhone. Cause i don't know about u guys but i want to be on my sofa playing with my new toy by 6:30. I know this is weird but all where like a red shirt or something..... at the repsective store and hold each other spots. or something similar...... I am up for ANYTHING.......

Any yes i agree i don't think camping is needed any more............

I am gunna take a cruise around all the "hotspots" and see what is going on around 6:30.

luckfam

Bronze
May 31, 2007
Sounds good to me. I would much rather be inside the mall than outside but we have to do what we have to do:). I will be at the ATT store at Camp Creek (near the airport). I was planning on going around noon but may have to go a little earlier now. I say we should exchange phone numbers and just play it by ear Friday morning. Send me a private message with your cell number and I will reply with mine.
Phil

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I can't imagine being in the blazing sun until 6pm, so I'm thinking of going to the Apple Store at Northpoint Mall.

Who wants to meet up there? How could I camp out at the mall? There's so many entrances. Man... I know there is a way to enter early if you are an employee... there's usually some side door you can enter ...

Any advice or opinions? Anyone want to join me in hitting up the Apple Store at Northpoint?

I was thinking of getting there 1 hour before the mall opens and just waiting there until 6pm...

Let me know what you think
John-
I plan to buy at Northpoint. However, I'm not going to camp out. Probably won't go until the afternoon.

I know that Mercury has a contest going on at Northpoint. About 6 people are sleeping in Mercury Mariners (contest is to see who can stay in the car for a month - winner, as voted by a radio audience, gets a free car). So, maybe you can hang with them overnight.

Also - There's an AT&T store in the mall as well, and I think they'll have the iPhone. So... if Apple sells out, then walk down the hall to the AT&T store.

scottwaelde

Jun 28, 2007
Hey, I have been doing some serious research and i hear larger cingualr stores are expecting up to 300 phones. So i will MOST DEF be camping out at cingualr store at peachtree battle or mabey Apple store in lenox but how can u camp at the mall? so that may be a good bet to go to a mall At 5 am.... I think anyone else planning on anything like this. I am pumped for the iPhone
I plan on goint to the AT&T on Peachtree Battle, do you think there will be armbands given out to keep our place in line?

What time are you going to head out there?....I plan to show up around 9am.

iPhonePro07

Jun 20, 2007
John-
I plan to buy at Northpoint. However, I'm not going to camp out. Probably won't go until the afternoon.

I know that Mercury has a contest going on at Northpoint. About 6 people are sleeping in Mercury Mariners (contest is to see who can stay in the car for a month - winner, as voted by a radio audience, gets a free car). So, maybe you can hang with them overnight.

Also - There's an AT&T store in the mall as well, and I think they'll have the iPhone. So... if Apple sells out, then walk down the hall to the AT&T store.
Yes, there is a radio contest going on INSIDE the mall right now. It started with 8 people sleeping in Mercury SUVs. I think we're down to 4 or 5. This doesn't meant that you can be in the mall overnight.

As for the AT&T in the mall... it's only a kiosk. So even though it's AT&T, they might or might not have iPhones.

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yes, there is a radio contest going on INSIDE the mall right now. It started with 8 people sleeping in Mercury SUVs. I think we're down to 4 or 5. This doesn't meant that you can be in the mall overnight.

As for the AT&T in the mall... it's only a kiosk. So even though it's AT&T, they might or might not have iPhones.
They don't have phones at the kiosk (at least at 10:30 am), even though it is company-owned.

Hawwicht

Nov 23, 2009
iPhone 3G or 3G-s – lock-free version – Stores in Atlanta, GA

Dear all,
living in Germany, need some help from folks living in the Atlanta,GA area.

I’ll be visiting Atlanta, GA for work in December and I’m planning either to buy the iPhone 3G or 3G-S

As I can’t apply for an US AT&T contract, but want to use the iPhone in Europe, I need to buy the available, lock-free version of the iPhone (unlock, no sim-lock, no net-lock).

As Apple still does not sell this version in their stores, would appreciate if some locals could help me with stores in Atlanta who sell the lock-free version, so I can get there during my businesss trip to finally get my iPhone.

Would appreciate if you could help me on this.

best regards,
Hawwhicht

thisisjayr

Jun 25, 2007
Craigslist

Go on craigslist.org and look for the city of Atlanta it's LOTS if unlocked iPhones for sale that locals are selling there is no store that's gonna sell it that way but craigslist you can get one for sure!