Attachments in iMessage fail

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I pick family members to send pix to. I set it up in iMessage. Everything is. blue. Go.

I receive an error message: "..failed to send.' Yet the receiver has the picture. More in investigation. Apparently the fault is in delivery to an account which has iMessage set up in both iPhone and iPad.

The failure message offers 'Send in plain text?' I do. And the text and attachment goes through flawlessly and quicker, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Apple could improve photo delivery in iMessage. Sometimes when I send a photo with text, it either won't go through, or takes a long time. This is especially true with photos I have edited or enhanced.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Apple could improve photo delivery in iMessage. Sometimes when I send a photo with text, it either won't go through, or takes a long time. This is especially true with photos I have edited or enhanced.
I have noticed that photos and videos get sent quicker if I stay on the text while it's sending. Strange.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I have noticed that photos and videos get sent quicker if I stay on the text while it's sending. Strange.
Cellular and/or wifi signal may have an affect on it. My wifi and LTE are both strong though. I suspect some are photos I have done edits on. It adds size to the photos. I edit most photos.