Attachments to text and taking video?

jerrysha

Feb 29, 2008
Hello. My first post on this forum. Two questions.
1. Can you attach and receive attachments, mainly photos, in a text message?
2. Is it true you cannot take a video with the iPhone? If so does anyone know why they would make a phone without this feature than much cheaper phones have? Does Apple plan to add this in the future?
OK, that was four questions. I know.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hello. My first post on this forum. Two questions.
1. Can you attach and receive attachments, mainly photos, in a text message?
2. Is it true you cannot take a video with the iPhone? If so does anyone know why they would make a phone without this feature than much cheaper phones have? Does Apple plan to add this in the future?
OK, that was four questions. I know.
1) No. Use email.
2) True if you're not jailbroken. There is some app out there if you take the plunge, but you can't really save anything significant. Be patient. SDK is next week.

jerrysha

Feb 29, 2008
1) No. Use email.
2) True if you're not jailbroken. There is some app out there if you take the plunge, but you can't really save anything significant. Be patient. SDK is next week.
Sorry. Like I said I'm new to this forum. What does jailbroken and SDK mean?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Jailbreak is to kind of break through your iPhones security and install third party applications that Apple does not want you to have.

SDK stands for software development kit, which will enable people to make 'legit' applications for the iPhone, that Apple have agreed to. These may cost money, though we are unsure until next week, when Apple is holding a press event to supposedly release the SDK.

jerrysha

Feb 29, 2008
Jailbreak is to kind of break through your iPhones security and install third party applications that Apple does not want you to have.

SDK stands for software development kit, which will enable people to make 'legit' applications for the iPhone, that Apple have agreed to. These may cost money, though we are unsure until next week, when Apple is holding a press event to supposedly release the SDK.

Thanks. I did a search and found tons of articles using the term jailbreak but not an explanation. Did a search for SDK and found no matches.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
1) No. Use email.
Actually, ShowTime (the app) allows you to save videos and replay them, and it can record for an unlimited time if you donate, it just got n update that improved frame rate, and the movies are recorded as .mov's, so you can watch them on computers. The only thing it's still missing is audio capture, which the developer is working on.

- John