Attempting to Jailbreak an iPod Touch 2G using old tech; need guidance.

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by SkyeTheBeastie, Jan 6, 2017.

1. SkyeTheBeastie

SkyeTheBeastie New Member

Hello! I have spent the past 6+ hours attempting to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G, and have run into the expected issues that goes with not being able to use the latest greatest hardware and software. Namely, my iPod hits the screen asking to be attached to iTunes, for the update and whatnot- both restoring to "virgin" and jailbroken. And since I'm using Windows XP there's a whole thing with that, that doesn't allow iTunes to connect to the servers properly (read a few posts elsewhere, did my fair share of Googling the entire time). I've technically succeeded in jailbreaking my device, but I can't proceed due to the aforementioned issue. I can easily access DFU and Pwned DFU. Even drew up custom screens for loading and whatnot, which seemed to work. Any kind of step-by-step walkthrough on how to resolve my issue would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop OS: Windows XP (too old to run 7 as far as I know)
    Device model: iPod Touch 2G
    Original device OS: iOS 4.2.1 (highest available)
    Software already downloaded/used/using: RedSn0w, iTunes

Already have a copy of iOS 4.2.1 for the 2G; iPod2,"1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw"

Thank you!

2. SkyeTheBeastie

Forgot to mention- I plan on attempting the same process (as well as adding a switcher dealio so I can run Android as well) on a iPod Touch... 4G?... in about a month, and advice on that would be appreciated, as well. I have a list I typed out on how to do all that. ^^

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

4. SkyeTheBeastie

Yes, I have, and this is entirely unhelpful, as I have already technically succeeded in jailbreaking my device using RedSn0w. Please read my post before suggesting a solution. Thank you, however, for your time! ^^

5. SkyeTheBeastie

And now my device refuses to enter DFU mode. Much appreciation.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Are you blaming me now for the DFU mode?

7. SkyeTheBeastie

No. It merely was coincidence that it happened after I did something you recommended.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Okay. Good luck.