Attempting to Jailbreak an iPod Touch 2G using old tech; need guidance.

Jan 6, 2017
Hello! I have spent the past 6+ hours attempting to jailbreak my iPod Touch 2G, and have run into the expected issues that goes with not being able to use the latest greatest hardware and software. Namely, my iPod hits the screen asking to be attached to iTunes, for the update and whatnot- both restoring to "virgin" and jailbroken. And since I'm using Windows XP there's a whole thing with that, that doesn't allow iTunes to connect to the servers properly (read a few posts elsewhere, did my fair share of Googling the entire time). I've technically succeeded in jailbreaking my device, but I can't proceed due to the aforementioned issue. I can easily access DFU and Pwned DFU. Even drew up custom screens for loading and whatnot, which seemed to work. Any kind of step-by-step walkthrough on how to resolve my issue would be greatly appreciated.

Laptop OS: Windows XP (too old to run 7 as far as I know)
Device model: iPod Touch 2G
Original device OS: iOS 4.2.1 (highest available)
Software already downloaded/used/using: RedSn0w, iTunes

Already have a copy of iOS 4.2.1 for the 2G; iPod2,"1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw"

Thank you!

Jan 6, 2017
Forgot to mention- I plan on attempting the same process (as well as adding a switcher dealio so I can run Android as well) on a iPod Touch... 4G?... in about a month, and advice on that would be appreciated, as well. I have a list I typed out on how to do all that. ^^