Attention Developers -- good idea!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I think I have a good idea but have no idea how to implement it, if there is an existing product, if it will be easier under Leopard, etc. Anyway, here it is.

I would love to have a widget or add-in for iTunes that would create a random playlist of a user selected predesignated size on a daily basis for syninc to the iPhone. That way, if you have a large music library you get to take along a playlist of random tunes without having to sit down at the computer and think about what you want to add, etc.

Does such a thing already exist? Does anyone else agree that would be a good idea? Can anyone more worldly in the ways of programming make it happen? Would it be hard? So many questions so few answers. :mad:

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Solved!

Just in case anyone was interested, I figured out how to make this happen. I just created a smartplaylist in iTunes. I set it to pull randomly from all my music, to only pull 50 items at a time, and to not include anything that had been played within the last three days, and for live updating. So, now everyday I sync I will get 50 songs randomly on the iPhone with nothing I've heard in the last three days. Its a great way to reaquaint with a large music collection.
Anyway, in case you care.