Audio issues after 1.3 JB

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Dex Pt'Chang, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Dex Pt'Chang

Dex Pt'Chang Member
    Bronze

G'day folks,
    Since I applied the 1.3 Evasi0n patch on my 4s I can only hear songs. All games & UI sounds like KB clicks are absent. If I save my 'blobs' will it restore the error? Are here any others out there with this problem?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't heard any reports of this. Have you tried a hard reset? Press the home and power buttons at the same time. Ignore the 'slide to power off' and let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo. If that doesn't help, try running the phone in safe mode and see if the audio problems still occur.

If troubleshooting doesn't help and you do end up restoring, the problem should be resolved if you restore to factory settings unless it's hardware-related, and I doubt it is. You could try restoring from backup first, but there are other troubleshooting steps to try before restoring.

3. Dex Pt'Chang

Dex Pt'Chang Member
    Bronze

Hi Europa,
    Yes I tried a hard reset & it was still there. I am restoring the phone. I'll let you know how it goes. Oh..I also had no tone when I got a call.

4. Dex Pt'Chang

Dex Pt'Chang Member
    Bronze

Ok I restored factory settings & I still can't get any sound other than songs. This is a little disconcerting.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'd try a DFU mode restore to factory settings.

Is it still under warranty?

6. Dex Pt'Chang

Dex Pt'Chang Member
    Bronze

Ahh I see the problem..apparently the new JB has a strange ability to flick the mute button on...because it couldn't be anything else like my extreme stupidity. So beware ppl of the evil mute switch bug on the evasi0n JB! (insert red faced emoticon here)

ps thanks for your input Europa, sorry bout that...

7. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

My music player no longer works. If I play a song it jumps two or three times to the next song and then returns to the songs page. I am going to have restore, rejailbreak as well.